• Please log in to reply
96 replies to this topic

#41 bluerat

bluerat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 540 posts

Posted 24 December 2008 - 07:01 PM

Have a Happy and safe Christmas and New Year everyone.

Hodgo.

#42 Hunter

Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 723 posts
  • Tagline:www.facebook.com/mankiniadventures

Posted 27 December 2008 - 08:50 AM

YES MERRY XMAS ALL

#43 bluerat

bluerat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 540 posts

Posted 10 February 2009 - 07:26 PM

Top secret, but a very tidy metallic green 260Z two seater is relocating from Launceston to Burnie....the owner also has a pair of 2 plus 2 doors and a hatch for sale, if any one is interested?? send me a PM and I will pass it on.

Hey Mick, got the grunter going yet?? Highcleare hillclimb is only two weeks away!!!

#44 zed240au

zed240au

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 376 posts

Posted 19 February 2009 - 08:08 PM

do u need a bigger shed hodgo to fit new car car whats the plans for the 260
had few drives of the grunter but wasnt happy with new r200 lsd so pulled it apart to check set up all looks good shimmed it up just need to re fit diff now been dragged off car onto new kitchen for wife so time has been at a premium
got call today that my 17" rims are ready so will get my new rubber fitted hopefully the sticky 235 tyres will grip better than the 225 ive been running on car 
off to world superbikes at phillip island next weekend so guess doubt ill make hillclimb

#45 bluerat

bluerat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 540 posts

Posted 20 February 2009 - 12:39 PM

Sorry Mick it's not me....I've got the 240Z you enquired about on the first page of this thread, the other red one from the north west. My shed is already overflowing, two 1600's and a couple hundred bales of hay, bloody horses!! So I'm storing/working on it at a mates shed in Smithton. I wasn't going to post anything about mine until it looks a bit more interesting, and I get he history side of it making some sense.

Hillclimb looks like its going to be a ripper, big entry so far. We have lost Barrington this year but picked up another on down in Slowbart, sorry Hobart. So it all bids well for a good year. Hope to see yours Zed in action soon.

#46 zed240au

zed240au

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 376 posts

Posted 24 February 2009 - 10:09 PM

well glad to hear someone who cares has that car sure it will come together well

mick

#47 bluerat

bluerat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 540 posts

Posted 02 March 2009 - 08:49 PM

I'm having a ball tracking it's race/rally history back to the mid 80's. It's first event was the St Helens state round in '88 it got 3rd outright, my 1600 came 2nd.....Just got to find the winner and I'll have the full podium!! Just got a heap of photos and articles from Rog's Navigator, and spoke to original builder/owner yesterday. I'll post some stuff up when it starts to look more like a car.

#48 bluerat

bluerat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 540 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 05:15 PM

Hey Hunter did you get a chance to check out your old girl in Targa??

Sorry about the dodgy Longford shot, I was three people deep when I took it. He had some troubles, but in typical Elf fashion soldiered on. Did you spectate with the Wombat on the Roseberry stage??

Attached Thumbnails

• 7682_.jpg
  • 7684_.jpg
  • 7680_.jpg

#49 zed240au

zed240au

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 376 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 08:52 PM

i was sure elf would have finished that 44 gallon drum of black paint up by now but obviously i was wrong can always pick his cars there always black how they finish up

was good to see vandenbergs finish in 3rd outright

#50 Hunter

Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 723 posts
  • Tagline:www.facebook.com/mankiniadventures

Posted 07 May 2009 - 12:22 AM

I was Flying Finish Post Chief....seen Elf fly past as he finished the Rosebery Stage. Looks good.

I am going to get a signed Targa Hat off him and put it in a framewith a picof the car and put it in my new house when I rebuild

#51 bluerat

bluerat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 540 posts

Posted 08 May 2009 - 10:20 PM

Finish post?? Did you see the big Goofy looking guy squashed into the passenger seat of the Red MX-5 Zero car?? Was that the control that Tammy was the radio chick? Yeah the Dutchies did a top job!! Man it was a quick year, the pace was red hot at the front of the feild!! Did you ever race against Phill House fro m Circluar head, Mick, he had a real tidy green Cooper S, and now races a white BMW 325?? he won Rookie classic , and the guy I usually service for, Pete Ullich in the mighty Jenson CV8 came second in the old bangers, a top year all round. Jamie, Pig and the boys had a HUGE Sunday night/Monday!! Elf sure loves black!! Black Elf makes him sound like somethng off lord of the rings, he just need pointy ears!!

#52 ratzcar

ratzcar

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 13 May 2009 - 09:17 PM

hi all
i can beat that there are 2 260z 2+2 in my street
in howrah
mine and and a one owner from new
both 11/ month 1975
have seen a dark green 2+2 but rusty
at shoreline as well
hope that helps
ratzcar

#53 MickyG

MickyG

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 06 July 2009 - 02:07 PM

Anyone down south know anything about this car?  It's currently FS & unfortunately I can't justify a trip to Tassie just to look at a car.  (Even a 240.  :))

Thanks in anticipation.

Attached Thumbnails

• 9033_.jpg

#54 Taz

Taz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 06 July 2009 - 02:10 PM

where abouts is it advertised?  south tas or north

#55 MickyG

MickyG

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 06 July 2009 - 04:36 PM

Launceston.

http://www.tassiecar...xpr=-1&x=50&y=6

#56 Scando

Scando

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 932 posts

Posted 06 July 2009 - 10:23 PM

Anyone down south know anything about this car?  It's currently FS & unfortunately I can't justify a trip to Tassie just to look at a car.  (Even a 240.  :))

Thanks in anticipation.

I went and looked at this car with my dad a few weeks ago cause he was interested in buying it.  It's reasonably tidy, the interior is good.  Mechanically it seems perfect.  The reason dad didn't buy it was it had a bit of rust in most of the usual places and he doesn't have time for a project.  Passenger side floorpan was the worst.  But we found some bubbles in one of the sils, one door, one guard, and the beaver panel.  Overall it's a pretty good car and I'm very surprised it hasn't already sold at the price he's asking.  If you're willing to accept that it will need a few rust repairs in the future then it's a good buy in my opinion.  The owner seems like a very genuine guy too.

Let me know if there's any other info I can help you with.

Cheers

Shane

#57 MickyG

MickyG

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 06 July 2009 - 11:22 PM

Thanks for the feedback Shane.  I know this is a subjective question but do you think the car would pass a roadworthy in it's current condition or will the rust, particularly the passenger floor pan, require repair before roadworthy?

Any background on the suspension / engine mods?  When I spoke to the owner today he was in a bit of a rush & didn't give too many details.

Thx again.

#58 Scando

Scando

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 932 posts

Posted 07 July 2009 - 01:14 PM

Here in Tassie I'm sure it would pass as it is but I know most other states are a lot more strict.  If I were to buy the car I would definately do the passenger floorpan straight away and maybe replace the front left guard if you can find one reasonably cheap.

From memory the engine is an L28 and has the 240Z carbs and a mild cam.  I'm not sure if it was built with flat tops maybe?  It's no power house but goes probably a little better than a standard 240Z and runs very smooth.

Suspension I think was a full whiteline kit with stiffer springs and swaybars.  I think it had Tokico shocks.

Don't quote me on any of this, just going on what I remember  :)

#59 MickyG

MickyG

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 08 July 2009 - 09:12 PM

Thanks Shane.  Your memory was pretty good!

I've had a subsequent discussion with the owner & the car has a pretty long history & appears to have picked up a variety of minor mods/improvements along the way, (with not much coherent planning as to how the whole thing will fit together), but is sounds as if most things have been done reasonably well.

I'm getting some more detailed photos of the rust spots so it will be interesting to see these.  Interestingly the list of rust issues supplied by the owner wasn't as extensive as yours?  :)

A couple of locals are apparently looking at the car in detail so it will be interesting to see how quickly it sells.

#60 Taz

Taz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 08 July 2009 - 09:19 PM

does anyone knw some guy from police point or somewhere down that way who has Z parts? a few ppl have mentioned him but have dont wanna drive down there til i knw wat he has.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users