• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thats FKN HOT!!  :o

I demand you video some of your races in this thing!!  :P

haha, cheers Neuby

I've been trying to get hold of a little in car camera.  I know a guy that's been selling them cheap and he said he should have some stock shortly so hopefully I can get some footage soon.

it almost makes me want to paint my 240 its origonal colour

What colour was yours originaly?  Mine wasn't too much different to what it is now.  It was more of a pale yellow but it looks like there was a slight hint of green in it.  I think there was also a lime green from the factory but I'm not sure if we got it in Aus?

Thats awesome Shane, gives me motivation for my car. Got any pics of the brake setup and details of who fabricated the brackets for you?

I'll post some pics of the brakes some other time for you.  The guy that fabricated the brake parts for me is a good mate of mine.  He's a fitter and turner but his work doesn't involve any car stuff so I just told him what I wanted and he made it.  I don't think he would do anything like this for anybody else sorry.  It's a bit of a worry with the liability when fabricating brake parts for people.  What I can tell you is the following:

-The rotors are a 326x30mm DBA item for a Subaru, I can find you the part number if you like.

-My hats have 30mm offset (but 20mm would have still been fine with my wheels and would have worked better).

-Coming up with brackets to mount R33 calipers to Z struts isn't easy!!!

What colour was yours originally?  Mine wasn't too much different to what it is now.  It was more of a pale yellow but it looks like there was a slight hint of green in it.  I think there was also a lime green from the factory but I'm not sure if we got it in Aus?

my 240z was the pine lime colour, It is black at the moment but i will be painting it wr blue from the 2002 wrx

Had the first race meeting of the year at Symmons Plains today.  I decided to move up to the top class and received a bit of an education!  I was almost 3 seconds off the pace but I kinda knew that would be the case so I'm not too upset.  Most of the cars in this class cost $100-200K to build so it makes my little old Z seem like very good value for money  :)  Anyway, The good news is that I took almost a second off my old PB to get down to 1:01.7 so I'm very happy with what we've achieved with the car.  The handling still needs a little fine tuning but the new brakes are insane!  The only car that could out brake me was my mates Porshce Carrera cup car.  Most cars I could outbrake by about 50 metres  :o  What we need to find now is power and lots of it!  I'm looking forward to next round at Baskerville where the power doesn't matter quite so much.  I still won't be competitive with the front runners but should be a lot closer.

sixty one is pretty slippery ScandoSan!!! More power.....all you need is a bigger intercooler spray!!

haha, yeah more water to spray over my windscreen when the hose pops off to make me think I've split a radiator hose :-[  Not one of my finer moments!

I think a new motor is definatly on the cards sometime this year.  Not sure if I'll go for an LD28 crank or stick with with the 2.8 as I want to keep it reliable and not spend big $$$'s.  First things first though, I think it's time the old girl went on a diet  ;D

• 4 weeks later...

Had the first Baskerville round for the year today and I'm absolutly stoked with the old girl.  I got my lap times down under a minute with a 59.5 as my best  ;D

http://www.natsoft.com.au/cgi-bin/results.cgi?17/05/2009.BASK.R9

It's been a bit of a long term goal to get under a minute round Baskerville so I'm very happy with the improvements we've made with the car.  It's over a second a lap quicker than my previous best.

Also ended up 2nd for the day thanks to my mates porsche having clutch issues in the final.  The car that beat me is an old V8 Supercar so I'm not too upset about being beaten by that!  This also leaves me 2nd in the series after 2 rounds, don't think I'll stay there long but fingers crossed  :)

New computer is supposed to arrive this week so hopefully there's more left to come  ;)

I also spoke to the guy that built the turbo for my car when the previous owner did the engine conversion.  He said the turbo come of a Leyland bus  ;D

The usual photography guys that follow the series don't seem to be posting their galleries up anymore.  Probably got sick of people like me linking to their pics on forums instead of buying them  ;D

If I find any I'll post them up.

Good thing those Leyland Buses......

Yeah, I'm sure the designers would have had motorsport appliactions in mind.............

My original intercooler was cut down from a Volvo truck too.  Might have to put the old girl to use through the week and get into the transport game!

Again Les is the man to talk to there! So will we see a 58 with the new Computer and extra Boooost? As for your question last night, Looks like the works grp C Bluebirds only ran at Symmons one time and good old George did a 59.65 so that gives you something to work towards???

I've got no idea what sort of gains we're going to get from the new computer.  58's would be nice cause that would pretty much put me on the pace but I'm not expecting too much from it.  We'll just wait and see.

As for 59's around Symmons, that's still a long way off...........2 seconds to be precise!  If I can get under 1:01 there with the new computer I'll be happy for now.