• Please log in to reply
308 replies to this topic

#41 Scando

Scando

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 932 posts

Posted 02 October 2008 - 12:17 PM

For wet weather racing you generally a softer car, depending on the amount of water on the track and the time available to make the changes, I generally undo one side of the sway bay, I only run a front bar as I want the rear to wander a bit, and soften the shocks.

I was going to disconnect my rear bar aswell for the wet but thought I'd give it a try with just the front bar disconnected first.  The car was putting the power down really well so i don't think I need to.  I do run fairly soft (by race standards) springs though.

#42 Scando

Scando

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 932 posts

Posted 11 November 2008 - 02:27 PM

Did a new PB for Symmons Plains on sunday with a 1:02.8576

http://www.natsoft.c...11/2008.SYMM.Q2

First time I've been under a 1:03 and I've been soooooooo close for a long time so it's good to finally do it.

Only finished 4th for the day but my main opposition in the series broke a hub early in the day so I've pretty much got the series wrapped up with a round to go.  Not the way I wanted to win it but I guess I'll take it.

#43 Scando

Scando

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 932 posts

Posted 13 November 2008 - 12:11 PM

Pics from the weekend:

Me:

http://www.circlewor...sr6-08&start=90

http://www.circlewor...sr6-08&start=90

http://www.circlewor...r6-08&start=180

http://www.circlewor...r6-08&start=270

Mick:

http://www.circlewor...r6-08&start=270

http://www.circlewor...r6-08&start=495

#44 Scando

Scando

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 932 posts

Posted 01 December 2008 - 12:17 PM

Had a great day at Baskerville yesterday winning the day and winning the series for the year.  I finished on the podium at all 7 rounds including 3 round wins.  There were over 20 different cars that ran throughout the year with usually about 10-12 at each round.  There were 4 different round winners and 9 different people had podium finishes throughout the year so it was a pretty close series!  Absolutly wrapped with the year and how's this for a stat.  In a field full of Skylines, Evos, Commodores, and many others, we were the most reliable car finishing every race (over 30 races for the year plus qualifying) with an L28ET, standard 280ZX box, standard tail shaft, welded R180, and standard uni joint drive shafts  :o

Now it looks like I have a busy summer of modifying ahead before next season  :)

#45 Jimbo

Jimbo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 01 December 2008 - 12:33 PM

Well Done Mate,
                    It just proves what can be done with a reasonably basic car and a lot of driving skills. Congratulations on your win...Jim...

#46 Zedman240®

Zedman240®

The 2000+ club

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,198 posts
  • Tagline:I want your old SHOGUN bike! PM me now...

Posted 01 December 2008 - 06:16 PM

Congrats on the win! Good to show the power of the zed!

#47 Scando

Scando

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 932 posts

Posted 01 December 2008 - 09:35 PM

Thanks for the kind words guys

Here's a few pics from the weekend:

Blowing flames at a lapped car  8)
Posted Image

What boryroll?  ;D
Posted Image

Start of the final
Posted Image

#48 Brabham

Brabham

The 1000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,041 posts

Posted 02 December 2008 - 07:54 PM

Congrats on the win. Good to see the zed beat those boring lancers and wrx's. ;D Incredible to beat the Skylines as well :D

#49 Lurch ™

Lurch ™

Curator of the 'Gavin Collection'

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,662 posts
  • Tagline:In my Den of Rust & Sin

Posted 02 December 2008 - 10:14 PM

Top stuff mate!

#50 Scando

Scando

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 932 posts

Posted 03 December 2008 - 12:15 PM

Thanks fellas

Good to see the zed beat those boring lancers and wrx's. ;D

I must say I do have a soft spot for Evos after racing against a few of them.  4WD just wouldn't be as fun though  ;D

#51 Scando

Scando

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 932 posts

Posted 23 December 2008 - 12:09 PM

For a while now I've been interested in doing some tarmac rallies but unfortunately my Z is way too far modified and the entry fees for most of them are too expensive for me.  However this year they have launched a new rally called Targa Wrest Point which consists of a lot of the southern stages that are no longer included in Targa Tasmania.  It will be run over two days and has a much more affordable entry fee.  But unfortunately I still had the same problem, my car isn't elligible.
Then last week I got a phone call that went something along the lines of:

other person: "would you be interested in being the 999 sweep car for Targa Wrest Point in your Z?"

me: "@*%# yes!"

So now I get to go and do all the stages while they're still closed and open the old girl up.  Will have to be a bit careful cause we are there to do a job and it'd be pretty embarassing to crash the course car but it should be heaps of fun.

The other good news is that Bluerat (another member on this forum) has agreed to navigate for me.  Also, a friend of mine is competing in the event in a n/a L28 powered 240Z.

I can't wait!  Hopefully I'll have an in car camera by then to get some footage to share with you all.

#52 sco_aus

sco_aus

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,484 posts
  • Tagline:Scott

Posted 23 December 2008 - 07:06 PM

WOW, congrats Scando, mate that is just brilliant to beat all those more modern and 4wd high powered cars, i am seriously impressed.

#53 Zedman240®

Zedman240®

The 2000+ club

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,198 posts
  • Tagline:I want your old SHOGUN bike! PM me now...

Posted 23 December 2008 - 07:20 PM

Excellent news there.....can't wait for the in car footage especially!

#54 chris240

chris240

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,194 posts
  • Tagline:When in doubt...mumble.

Posted 23 December 2008 - 07:57 PM

10/10 on the win Scando  :)
arrrrrrr I'd kill for a tarmac rally ....Id also have to kill for the funds !!
did anyone catch the 1 hour highlites of the Adelaide tarmac rally on channel 7 on sunday ? couple of nice 240's doing well...One of the zeds was 2nd in his class but unfortunately had a meeting with a tree in the last session of the last day ....I almost cried  :'(

#55 zzzzed

zzzzed

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,691 posts

Posted 23 December 2008 - 08:07 PM

did anyone catch the 1 hour highlites of the Adelaide tarmac rally on channel 7 on sunday ? couple of nice 240's doing well...One of the zeds was 2nd in his class but unfortunately had a meeting with a tree in the last session of the last day ....I almost cried  :'(

I hope it wasnt a gold one owned by chriss fergeson?

#56 zedls1

zedls1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 23 December 2008 - 09:55 PM

Great work Scando, looking forward to in car footage.
Chris, I watched the highlites of the Adelaide Classic, some great cars, especially the Z's. I cried when they showed in car footage on the 240Z that was in 3rd possition in classic class (Devenish - Carr)hit that tree, as great as a tarmac rally would be to do, hmmmmm. There were many others that did worse damage like rolling there car's. So there 4 240's in that class finishing 4th, 20th and 21st and the DNF in a field of 50 cars and many with some serious hp, just proves that you don't need massive hp to get great results as Scando has proven.

John

#57 HELLFIRE!

HELLFIRE!

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 23 December 2008 - 11:45 PM

Congrats on the wins Scando!

It just goes to show what Talent+Equipment can equal. The Z platform as a racing vehicle is phenomenal; weight distribution, drivetrain and suspension all coming together to whoop some arse! 

#58 Scando

Scando

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 932 posts

Posted 28 December 2008 - 03:09 PM

I missed it damn it!  Got home just as it was finishing.

as a tarmac rally would be to do, hmmmmm.

Yeah, I think I'll be taking it pretty easy.  Should be a good way to get used to doing rallies and having a navigator incase I ever get into that in the future.

#59 NZeder

NZeder

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,291 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 05:31 AM

A bit late but congratulations on the series win  ;D

So how is the new ECU install going or is this going to be done later?

#60 Scando

Scando

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 932 posts

Posted 01 January 2009 - 03:21 PM

A bit late but congratulations on the series win  ;D

So how is the new ECU install going or is this going to be done later?

Thanks, finances are looking a bit better for me at the moment so I've sold the 2nd hand Haltech and will be going for something new.  The guy that tunes the car wants me to go for a Microtech but I'm leaning towards another Haltech.  Not sure yet but I'll keep you posted.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users