canberra meet

Dingo Dave

• Administrators

My name is Miika (pronounced Meeka - a good Finnish name), I bought it a couple of weeks ago but I just got it registered on friday - passed first go!  It cost me $14000.  :P  A lot of money but it came with some spares, the original wheels and hubcaps, receipts and rego history.  It was in a Unique Cars article in 2000, it came with the mag to prove it!  And I just love the car, to be honest.  I'm up north - Nicholls, Gungahlin.  Aaaand here are the pics, haven't taken any new ones yet.  Nice to meet you guys.  :)

Cool good to see this car still around. I remember the article I still have it at home. Does the car still have the original hubcaps? I think you got it for a very reasonable price honestly.

Yep Simon (Rhino73z) is coming.

I thought Gav put a post on the front page but it seems to have gone ??

It said sunday 10th Aug 12.30pm meet at carpark adjacent (south) to Woden Police station on callam street...drive location TBC.

I did, its still there or it should be still there. It says Canberra Meet. Its the bottom link. I can amend this if need be though.

Good to see you guys are getting organised and have a few numbers eager to meet. Hope it works out well.

We need to lock-in where we are going..

any suggestions ? what about....leave Woden Cop Station..

1. head south thru Tuggeranong onto Tharwa drive past Corin, head toward Cotter River then Cotter Road and back to Woden OR

2. Head to Queanbeyan, go to Bungendore via Kings hwy take some pics , hang about,  head back via Bungendore Rd, Macs Reef Road and back to City.

;D

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Scott , we really should confirm where we are going ...any takers for option 1 or 2 or any other suggestions.

is everyones car ok for next weekend ?  :o ...Angelus , is someone else going to be driving your car....also Im confused is Nizmo the guy with the white 240 who lives near Tharwa ?  ???

Angelus

Chris240

sco_aus

Cdr Zero

Rhino73z

Michael_red240

shit, i thought i replied to that.  I like the Bungendore option, so lets lock it in. 

My car is, well, going to have to be tested a bit before i go driving it, i need to make sure i will have the ability to go for a long time and stop in a short time, but i will rock up, whether in a Falcon or my Zed.

oh and if fadden is close to tharwa then im closer but his aint white. i think his is in pritty much the same as mine headless and on a stand. i dont know what i do as of yet but seen as im not driving then perhaps we can do anything. hmm a few beers

sorry fellas, wont be along on this one, as was said, my engine is in bits.

Its currently dummied up while i do the turbo lines. at least its still regoed though ;)

I could bring my other car, but you'd all point and laugh, and then id have to go all emo.

Id point and laugh too if i wasnt driving it ;D

and no, im not in tharwa, im in macarthur.

Yep. thats the spot.

at the moment Im a 80%  coming, the zed is running fine...Its just I have some babysitting issues to resolve.. :-X either that or I dynabolt the child booster seat into the 240.......

sco_aus

Cdr Zero

Rhino73z

Michael_red240

Chris240

Can I get people to PM me their phone numbers.  The weather is looking very grim, but thats not stopping myself or Chris.  I hope to still see you all there, however if it is raining, then I will call you and I suggest we just meet across the road on the 3rd level (quieter on a sunday) of the multi story parking.  We can decide from there what to do ( Chris and I reckon beers :D).