Cars For Sale (3rd Party Sites) Ebay, Carsales etc..

• Please log in to reply
5863 replies to this topic

#5861 gav240z

• Administrators
  • 13,087 posts
  • Tagline:Jack of all trades, master of none.

Posted 17 March 2018 - 09:05 PM

HS30 XXX0644

1973 Year.

The body:

Rust free and painted by Rise Again in Bathurst at the end of 2012. The original colour was white, and in the 90s, was painted... Pink, when it had the engine conversion (chassis was not cut at all to fit the engine). Taken back to primer and metal, it has been sprayed Arctic white, in a similar shade to Subaru.
Converted from L24 manual to Holden 308 red motor, fully registered and engineered in NSW. The gearbox was changed to a 5-speed manual from a Toyota Crown (similar to supra, but larger, stronger bearing). Diff is from an auto 240z, so longer gearing.
Engine has been warmed up with a cam and higher compression pistons and fuel is controlled by a Fitech throttle body EFI. It is a self tuning unit that uses a wideband O2 sensor to ensure that the engine is getting the correct amount of fuel at all rpm and engine loads.
Ignition is controlled by MSD dizzy, coil and leads, and Street fire (MSD brand) ignition box.
Engine is cooled by 4 row PWR radiator and twin SPAL thermo fans, controlled by the EFI ECU.
Currently running a 60amp alternator from 280zx and charges well. Next in the list would be an upgrade to this as it is under high load with thermo fans, ignition and EFI.
Heads have been upgraded to l34 valves and hardened exhaust seats (unleaded happy).
Front disc conversion to mustang vented, slotted and drilled 4 pot.
Rear disc conversion to Maxima v6.
Frankly, 5/10. Dash is cracked and many guages don't work. Fuel, speed, temp all work. Have a handheld that reads all other engine sensors from the EFI. Have a separate oil and charge light.
Seats are good, no tears. Carpet is average (can buy whole carpet kits for about $400)
The upgraded brakes, v8 engine, modern shock absorbers and polyurethane bushes make for a well balanced all round cruiser that roars and snarls when you want it to.
This car is fully registered in NSW until February 2019 and needs no work. There are always things that can be done to improve, though!
Email is preferable as no service at home. Open to any question, don't make an offer untill we have spoken though.

#5862 Yo-Yo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 18 March 2018 - 04:05 PM

Got a feeling this is yo-yo's car:

Sure is mate. She'll be on carsales soon too, just posted the ad :(

Yep I saw the car in Eastern Creek a couple of years ago.

Nice car and looked pretty solid.

Cheers Gav! The car actually won best JDM category at that show. I was surprised hahha

20141102_172046 (1024x684).jpg

That is absolutely brutal. Sounds like he doesn't want to sell it at all.

You're not wrong there :(

Partly the reason why I put a slightly aspirational sell price to begin but mostly to weed out the low-ballers

I think he needs to man up and enjoy both worlds and tell the wife to relax. But I would also include this in the Used Car Cliche thread

LOL The mrs actually wants me to hold onto it, she loves it just as much as me.

I had to man up and realise that between a growing family, our daily cars plus a classic car and a motorbike and only myself supporting all of it something had to give.

No way I'll ever give up the bike :)

Edited by Yo-Yo, 18 March 2018 - 04:08 PM.

#5863 michael2111

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 March 2018 - 12:25 PM

1977 grs30 016300

Attached Thumbnails

• $_20.JPG
  • $_20 (1).JPG
  • $_20 (2).JPG
  • $_20 (3).JPG
  • $_20 (4).JPG
  • $_20 (5).JPG
  • $_20 (7).JPG
  • $_20 (6).JPG
  • $_20 (8).JPG

#5864 GongZ

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 901 posts
  • Tagline:Watanabe wannabe

Posted 21 March 2018 - 02:45 PM

1977 grs30 016300

Located in Melbourne

This car was also listed on eBay and appears to have been sold for $3,250

Edited by GongZ, 21 March 2018 - 02:51 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users