Cars For Sale (3rd Party Sites) Ebay, Carsales etc..

gav240z

76 Datsun 260z 2+2 / Nissan

interstate buyers welcome L28 Twin Carb 5sp Manual ......

needs major clean up inside and out ...

Suits  restoration , min rust in usual places been garaged for the last 3 years

******MUST SELL*****

call Oscar on 0450461370

for genuine inquiry's

Located in PackenhamDO NOT WAIST MY TIME........ GET IT.........PLEASE DONT BE A DUMB US!!!!!!!!!!!

AU $2,000.00[/size]

$_57.JPG

$_57.JPG

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/262045473783

It was garaged for the 3 year previous to the last 3 years.:) The add makes me feel like I have (waisted) my time, but glad I am not as big of a dumb (us) as this fella

76 Datsun 260z 2+2 / Nissan - Pa©kenham - $2,000

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/262045473783?clk_rvr_id=896234613286&rmvSB=true

The car has now been removed from the grass and the eBay listing now has 11 new photos.

Though they seem to have set fire to the drives side gaurd and dragged it out from the bumper?

• Administrators

My goodness..

$_20.JPG

$_20.JPG

$_20.JPG

Even if it was a super low vin # there is no way you'd restore that? Surely not? I mean... Not even the door wants part of that mess.

I'd almost be tempted to go look at it and see if there is anything that could be salvaged. Somehow I don't think much on there is useful anymore.

...Even if it was a super low vin # there is no way you'd restore that? Surely not? I mean... No even the door wants part of that mess...

But the ad says its only done 15,000 km!

The ignition leads seem to have survived better than the barn it was allegedly found in.

• Administrators

100 Aus.. Go get it gav! I pay i take the parts i want u can take the rest :D

The rear 1/4 window already selling 100 usd for a pair on ebay!

You want those plastic heater vents? :)

To be honest if I had a trailer I'd consider going down and grabbing it,  stripping it down and cutting it up and parting it out. But I don't have a trailer and my 4 wheel drive is a 1.3ltr Suzuki Jimny that couldn't pull weeds out of the ground in terms of torque.

There would be some useful parts there.. but quite a bit of effort and you'd want to have your tetanus shots up to date.

100 Aus.. Go get it gav! I pay i take the parts i want u can take the rest :D

The rear 1/4 window already selling 100 usd for a pair on ebay!

Stripping a car in that condition is frustrating and very time consuming. Nothing comes off without a fight and often ends with hammer in hand and tears dripping on already rusted metal.

Time is generally more valuable than the pocket change you'll make out of that mess.

• Administrators

As a man who has been there and done it George I will take your word for it. Plus my landlord would probably go into cardiac arrest if he saw that dump in the yard.

Even if the plan was to turn it into canned food. It would make a good old mess...

A complete car (yup I've seen the rust) for $100 and a little effort and nobody thinks that's the buy of the year (or decade)? There's a couple of grand in parts that'll take you a day to get off. Perhaps there are too many rich people into Datsuns now...

I think the general consensus is that that rust it is much more than a day's work to get any usable parts off there....

• Administrators

You really have to look at it and evaluate. I am guessing if the car is that bad the roof will be pretty bad also.

I'd be surprised if the whole car didn't come apart towing it out of that spot.

• Moderators

I had a serious think about grabbing it. The problem for me is a lack of space right now.

I am in the middle of transplanting the 280ZX drve line into the 260Z so have two cars in pieces scattered around the workshop.

if I only had the one Z in the workshop I would be heading up to Lisarow and shovelling it onto a car trailer.

Edited by PB260Z

240Z with a 202...what the.....

http://autoline.com.au/vehicle/1800695.html

New front windscreen and rubber; new carpets and underlay; re-trimmed seats; remote central locking; new door; new window and hatch rubber seats. Low kilometre 5 speed gearbox. Genuine original jack and tool kits. Underbody upgraded to full chassis as per 260z. Fitted with 202 Holden Red Motor extractors and twin 2" system 350 Holley Carb. VN Commodore front disc upgrade fitted with 15"x7" Commodore stud pattern mags. Several upgraded nolathane bushings. All known rust cut out, plated, mig welded and treated. Regretful sale of a beautiful car that has been passionately restored by it's current owner..

post-100261-0-14776100-1442357314_thumb.jpg

post-100261-0-90383400-1442357327_thumb.jpg

• gav240z changed the title to Cars For Sale (3rd Party Sites) Ebay, Carsales etc..
  • gav240z unpinned, pinned and pinned this topic
  • gav240z featured this topic