Cars For Sale (3rd Party Sites) Ebay, Carsales etc..

gav240z

Datsun 240z 1970 car no. hs30-00406 car was reg in n.s.w. with 350chev motor.Since being taken of road has undergone  considerable modifercations,including personally imported Lexus quad cam V8. This has been bore scoped and tested,has been rebuilt Supra 5 speed gear box with short shifter kit,Bell housing clutch etc. Has fitted lexus rear sump ,Full silvia rear suspention, G speck flaired guards,sparko wheels,Electric 300 Z leather seats, Many more other acc.

Selling due to moving interstate and no time to finish.Car needs front engine mounts,drive shafts and computer. there are minor bits and peices needed. Will consider splitting car and engine.

Too much to list any enquiries please contact Steve 0432768519  or work 0755921588

please note date on photes not correct all taken on 08 02 2009

Starting Bid $10,000

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/1970-datson-240z-unfinised-project_W0QQitemZ290294908414QQihZ019QQcategoryZ6763QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

post-828-14402351165_thumb.jpg

post-828-144023511662_thumb.jpg

post-828-144023511664_thumb.jpg

• Administrators
  • Administrators
  • Administrators
  • Administrators
  • Administrators

Redbook is as about as unreliable as the Melbourne weather is at the moment, it might be used more by the insurance companies than any legitimate guide to a cars value especially a car that is 30+ years old. I worked in the car industry as Sales manager at a big dealership (many moons ago) and we used to laugh at Redbook back then! 

There are a few 2+2's around some half reasonable but many are pretty untidy hence variety in price if you put that together with supply and demand you can get quite a variance.  I've seen some tidy 2+2's go for as much as 10-13,000, these prices are for a clean (not concourse) pretty stock standard vehicle, for a 2+2 that is modified and Roadworthy and looks the part it won't be long before we see them reaching past the 15K mark, all this is only my opinion and observation though!

Hope that helps.

Rev.

• Administrators

Redbook is as about as unreliable as the Melbourne weather is at the moment, it might be used more by the insurance companies than any legitimate guide to a cars value especially a car that is 30+ years old. I worked in the car industry as Sales manager at a big dealership (many moons ago) and we used to laugh at Redbook back then! 

There are a few 2+2's around some half reasonable but many are pretty untidy hence variety in price if you put that together with supply and demand you can get quite a variance.  I've seen some tidy 2+2's go for as much as 10-13,000, these prices are for a clean (not concourse) pretty stock standard vehicle, for a 2+2 that is modified and Roadworthy and looks the part it won't be long before we see them reaching past the 15K mark, all this is only my opinion and observation though!

Hope that helps.

Rev.

Agreed Redbook probably values a 240z at $12k still for concourse condition. At least I know several sites were still putting a concourse 240z at that value.

260z 2+2's are still relatively common compared to a 240z or 260z 2 seater. The problem with the 2+2's is that so many are badly neglected that finding a good condition one is difficult. Because most 2+2's seem to be in relatively the same condition the pricing of them seems to have stalled.

As more and more end up in the crusher (unfortunately) they will become rarer and more expensive.

• gav240z changed the title to Cars For Sale (3rd Party Sites) Ebay, Carsales etc..
  • gav240z unpinned, pinned and pinned this topic
  • gav240z featured this topic