• Please log in to reply
205 replies to this topic

#1 Dingo Dave

Dingo Dave

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 160 posts
  • Tagline:I wanna bring to many cars back to life.

Posted 23 June 2008 - 09:39 AM

G'day.figured a spotto thread may work for us let us all know whats getting around and keep comunication up. So if you see guys around or cars we dont know we can try to get them on here or find out who they are so that we all get to know each other.

#2 Dingo Dave

Dingo Dave

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 23 June 2008 - 09:48 AM

spottered blue 280zx at the lights on pitman street tuggeranong on thursday friday cant remember. was turning towards woden was early in the morning. young fella driving it. i was trying to get his attention from the echo i was driving but he looked over and then looked back at the car infront and i think i scared him lol. sorry

#3 Scoota G

Scoota G

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,213 posts
  • Tagline:Mark

Posted 23 June 2008 - 11:31 AM

This is an interesting topic as i have crossed paths with many who know the way of the Z and wish to seek enlightenment.

For perhaps if a card was printed with the details of the ausZcar website then many others could be drawn towards the cause. And there would be much rejoicing.

#4 620Z

620Z

The 1000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,710 posts

Posted 23 June 2008 - 12:14 PM

Instead of a card you could have a smaller version of the sticker made up which has the website on it. then you could put that under their windscreen.

#5 Toecutter

Toecutter

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,274 posts

Posted 23 June 2008 - 05:51 PM

We have stickers ready thanks to Chris. See you at the next meeting in July, any body else can PM me if they would like a couple interstate.

Sulio

#6 Michael

Michael

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 328 posts

Posted 23 June 2008 - 05:53 PM

Whoo, Saw a red 280zx At a Nissan dealership on the way home from work yesterday,
Extras include Lightweight non existant Engine gearbox and diff, And coated in a two tone red and rust paint job,
The dealership Is near blackbourne The zx is parked on the side Making it harder to see from the main road xP

#7 Scoota G

Scoota G

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,213 posts
  • Tagline:Mark

Posted 23 June 2008 - 08:54 PM

I spied a white 280 in between melton and deer park that was for sale on my last trip to Melbourne bout 2 weeks ago.

#8 GottaBeAbstract

GottaBeAbstract

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 23 June 2008 - 11:49 PM

Haha I was thinking about this type of thread today. Today while I went for a trip to Dan Murphy's on Nepean Highway, Brighton and walked out amused by our purchase (absinthe!) I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw this fantastic red 260Z two seater! It had charcoal coloured Konig Rewind wheels and a wooden steering wheel. It was fairly decent condition, I think there was some very slight rust near the front arch but either than that was a great sight and made an already good mood, great! I took some photos of it, so shal post on here once i bluetooth it from my phone

#9 sco_aus

sco_aus

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,484 posts
  • Tagline:Scott

Posted 24 June 2008 - 09:10 AM

lol, just so you guys know, this was posted in the ACT thread, perhaps starting a local one for VIC etc

#10 sco_aus

sco_aus

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,484 posts

Posted 24 June 2008 - 09:11 AM

I occasionally see a brown 240Z, I got a wave once from him in my Zed, but I havnt seen him in a few months.

#11 Michael

Michael

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 328 posts

Posted 24 June 2008 - 11:16 PM

Jeeze i love long drives to work, Spotted A white 240z out the front of what looked to be a panel beaters Had a white bre style rear spoiler, Was  white overall, Even the front bumper was white, Was on the opposite side of the road And was late for work so diddnt turn back to take a better look, It was at i think the name was, Street machine panel beaters in Preston, But maybe im just reading to much of the magazine =P

cheers guys Michael

#12 Michael

Michael

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 328 posts

Posted 24 June 2008 - 11:21 PM

Heh, While typing my Sister came and read what i was typing i Explained the thread and they think they saw a Blue 240/260 2 seater (shorter then mine) With the back windscreen held on by tape, And no front windscreen at all, lol Apparently he was wearing a motorcycle helmet while driving, It was on the way to school So Anywhere between Coolaroo and Gladstone park It also has Personalised plates starting with Z But wont put the rest up as im not sure the owner would appreciate it,
thanks guys Michael

#13 gav240z

gav240z

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 12,517 posts
  • Tagline:Jack of all trades, master of none.

Posted 24 June 2008 - 11:57 PM

Heh, While typing my Sister came and read what i was typing i Explained the thread and they think they saw a Blue 240/260 2 seater (shorter then mine) With the back windscreen held on by tape, And no front windscreen at all, lol Apparently he was wearing a motorcycle helmet while driving, It was on the way to school So Anywhere between Coolaroo and Gladstone park It also has Personalised plates starting with Z But wont put the rest up as im not sure the owner would appreciate it,
thanks guys Michael

LOL are you sure it wasn't Evil Knievel?

#14 Dingo Dave

Dingo Dave

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 07:07 PM

hmm looks as if i have started a good thing here. ACT is actually getting hits. lol

#15 Dingo Dave

Dingo Dave

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 07:22 PM

spottoed nizm0zed at work today. just because we work together. :P

#16 Lurch ™

Lurch ™

Curator of the 'Gavin Collection'

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,643 posts
  • Tagline:In my Den of Rust & Sin

Posted 01 July 2008 - 09:09 PM

So, the six Zed owners in the ACT are going to post when they see each other driving their Zeds?
Good for you guys...

;D

#17 Toecutter

Toecutter

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,274 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 11:20 PM

Is the count at six? There must be quite a few more than that hiding?

Sulio

#18 sco_aus

sco_aus

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,484 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 06:32 AM

I havnt been seeing much in the way of Zeds lately, though I think there has been an increase in Z32 300ZX, some nice ones around.
Has anyone seen the "HOT260"?  Its a white 260 2+2 with a V8 and bonnet scoop. 

#19 sco_aus

sco_aus

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,484 posts

Posted 04 July 2008 - 02:08 PM

Spotted a red 240Z going between Gunghalin and Belconnen yesterday arvo.

#20 Dingo Dave

Dingo Dave

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 04 July 2008 - 07:47 PM

Well Nizmozed and I both have our z's in out garages with engines out and heads off. We will not be spotted in them. Unless we decide to tow them lol. Spotted white 280z on the monaro heading southbound yesterday but no idea of the time.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users