Photo

Auszcar affiliation with NDSOC? Your say?

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#21 Zedman240®

Zedman240®

The 2000+ club

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,198 posts
  • Tagline:I want your old SHOGUN bike! PM me now...

Posted 19 June 2008 - 10:22 PM

If your car is registered normally, you don't have to be a member of any club. This affiliation only really affects cars that are with the CH plates. Any member of AusZcar with normal reg don't have to do anything other than keep enjoying this atmosphere! Unless you own a car with CH plates and want to race or participate in any NDSOC event, you don't have to worry about anything.
The only people that will benefit out of this affiliation are the ones who want to race in the MSCA and/or have CH reg for their car. AusZcar can still do their own events and hold meetings (which I enjoy a lot!) but the only issue is if you have CH reg, it's actually illegal to drive the car there for that reason. Once I finish throwing all this cash at my car, normal reg is next!!

#22 620Z

620Z

The 1000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,710 posts

Posted 20 June 2008 - 09:36 AM

All very good points made by Lurch, Dimitri, Matt & Chris and I agree with everything they have said. This CH Reg is an issue for those who have it and the only reason why this "Affiliation" issue is on the table I guess. I for one will never get CH plates because I don't want any restrictions on driving my Zed. If I want to take it for a spin on the weekend off I go. But each to there own and I know there is a financial benefit in having CH Plates.
Having said all of this the NDSOC has become very fragmented over the last five years or more for many reasons. As mentioned before politics does come into play with most registered clubs. Maybe this is why the Auszcar Club has worked so well because there is no real highracy. The meetings and drive days are very casual and not overly structured or complicated and no rules. Could it be if we become affiliated and have a number of rules imposed upon us that we might end up creating more problems than we hope to fix for the minority of CH Plate members? Bear in mind if you are a CH Plate member for $103- you have to add the NDSOC membership of $65- or more to it to keep the rego. For $450- full reg you have no restrictions. Is all the hassle worth it for $280- odd in reg p.a.?? Maybe! Especially if it is off the road under restoration. If on the road then put it into perspective when you consider how much $ you have put into your car and the restrictions on it's use?? (I know insurance might be another benefit)
Just some things to think about. I am sure we will have a good healthy discussion at the Jag Club and resolve this one way or the other.

#23 Toecutter

Toecutter

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,272 posts

Posted 20 June 2008 - 11:17 AM

We'll compile a list of current CH plate holders by the time we have the next meet.

I pay $103 per year for CH plate rego.

Sulio

#24 XRQTR

XRQTR

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 337 posts

Posted 20 June 2008 - 07:38 PM

Something Lurch pointed out got me thinking, if a non-NDSOC member whilst on an NDSOC sanctioned cruise did something that was against or did not in some way agree with NDSOC guidelines, rules and regulations, would then the NDSOC put pressure on AusZcar to remove that person or even stop them from attending future cruises that had anything to do with the NDSOC even though it might be an AusZcar cruise but would need NDSOC sanctioning in order to allow CH plated members to attend.

This is something that would need to be made very clear and stated in any agreement if this were to go ahead.

As for saving money, $10 a week is all you need to put away in order to pay for a years reg, insurance is around $300 with Shannons, not really much when you look at it.

Personally I don't believe in spending money on something that I can't enjoy when and where I choose, unless it was an extremely modified car that I would otherwise be unable to drive on the road I really don't see any gains from CH plates.

#25 gav240z

gav240z

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 12,400 posts
  • Tagline:Jack of all trades, master of none.

Posted 20 June 2008 - 08:09 PM

All very good points made by Lurch, Dimitri, Matt & Chris and I agree with everything they have said. This CH Reg is an issue for those who have it and the only reason why this "Affiliation" issue is on the table I guess. I for one will never get CH plates because I don't want any restrictions on driving my Zed. If I want to take it for a spin on the weekend off I go. But each to there own and I know there is a financial benefit in having CH Plates.
Having said all of this the NDSOC has become very fragmented over the last five years or more for many reasons. As mentioned before politics does come into play with most registered clubs. Maybe this is why the Auszcar Club has worked so well because there is no real highracy. The meetings and drive days are very casual and not overly structured or complicated and no rules. Could it be if we become affiliated and have a number of rules imposed upon us that we might end up creating more problems than we hope to fix for the minority of CH Plate members? Bear in mind if you are a CH Plate member for $103- you have to add the NDSOC membership of $65- or more to it to keep the rego. For $450- full reg you have no restrictions. Is all the hassle worth it for $280- odd in reg p.a.?? Maybe! Especially if it is off the road under restoration. If on the road then put it into perspective when you consider how much $ you have put into your car and the restrictions on it's use?? (I know insurance might be another benefit)
Just some things to think about. I am sure we will have a good healthy discussion at the Jag Club and resolve this one way or the other.

Very good points. I was previously a member of the NDSOC, but let it lapse simply because it seemed like not a whole lot was going on in relation to early zeds. To be honest I wasn't interested in later Silvia's or Skylines, although great cars I love my Zed :).

Sulio and I started Viczcar.com (now Auszcar.com) because we felt there was a lack of Z community. You would see 1 or 2 Zeds here and there, but there was no common meeting place, apart from when you were at a Z wrecker buying parts, you might come across another guy fixing one up.

I think you are right, our lack of politics has kept us interesting and open, not to mention the fact we have always been "FREE" to join. Its been great for me to see our numbers grow from 150 - 300 - 500 - 600 -800 and now to over 900. I think in a another year we will have 1500+ members.

I think once we know how many are on CH plates we will know better where we stand, I obviously can't attend the Jag club, but I'm interested in knowing the outcome of discussions :).

*Still on the fence with this one*

#26 sco_aus

sco_aus

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,484 posts
  • Tagline:Scott

Posted 21 June 2008 - 06:34 AM

So where are these 900 people, I rarely see an increase in people posting.  Not disputing them being there, just wish we had more input from them.

#27 gav240z

gav240z

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 12,400 posts

Posted 21 June 2008 - 07:14 AM

So where are these 900 people, I rarely see an increase in people posting.  Not disputing them being there, just wish we had more input from them.

Like any forum, you have a small group of members who contribute. You have those who sign up and post maybe once or twice or even never and then you have the lurkers who just watch what's going on.

We have had more sign up, but they haven't activated their account. So either their email activation went to "spam folders" or they didn't follow up.

Also we have some who registered who are international and then there are those who were active a couple of years ago but have since gone quiet.

I know of at least 2 or 3 members who used to be active, but for whatever reasons seem disgruntled or what have you and don't post anymore. I don't particularly know why but that's communities for you :).

#28 modular9

modular9

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 21 June 2008 - 11:16 AM

I signed up to get chicks.

#29 sco_aus

sco_aus

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,484 posts

Posted 21 June 2008 - 02:46 PM

lol

#30 luvemfast

luvemfast

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,124 posts

Posted 28 June 2008 - 10:59 AM

What is involved to be able to have CH plates usable with this club?

Affiliation seems to rub noses the wrong way by look of things. I don't understand why. It can be used by those who would like to use it, or not used. Seems to work well for the Prince guy's. Doesn't even need to be NDSOC. This is a national club, so have affiliations in each state.
or
Can this club get the required accreditation for CH registration and stand alone.

I just asked a simple question as to whether I could bring my Z ,which is on CH plates, to the next meeting.
Didn't mean to open a can of worms.........

I am in the NDSOC anyway. My parents are founding members back in the 60's and are life members now. (I was a baby in the pits, now I have my baby in there too.) I have been told that back when they started it it was for roadsters. Even my parents were against letting Z's into the club in the 70's, now they drive Z's. It's people not being able to evolve and embrace change that holds back growth. Imagine what would have happened to NDSOC had they not allowed any Datto or Nissan to join.

#31 sco_aus

sco_aus

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,484 posts

Posted 28 June 2008 - 09:11 PM

I was just concerned that it would only benefit those in Vic and the rest of us had to pay for it.  Im happy donating occassionally to this website, as long as it stays in this website as im not in Vic and dont get any benefits from my money being spent elsewhere. But by the looks of things, that wont be the case and it will benefit from it, so im all for it.

#32 XRQTR

XRQTR

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 337 posts

Posted 28 June 2008 - 11:57 PM

Ok let's say the NDSOC have a track day for NDSOC members, does that include all of AusZcar members or only the payed up NDSOC/AusZcar members??

If it were to go through that is.

#33 gav240z

gav240z

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 12,400 posts

Posted 29 June 2008 - 12:40 AM

I was just concerned that it would only benefit those in Vic and the rest of us had to pay for it.  Im happy donating occassionally to this website, as long as it stays in this website as im not in Vic and dont get any benefits from my money being spent elsewhere. But by the looks of things, that wont be the case and it will benefit from it, so im all for it.

So far all donations have been put toward web hosting costs. I don't imagine we would ever charge anyone to use this site or request a membership fee. Unless of course we were looking to become a national club on our own and allow members to directly register CH plates through us.

Requiring membership or requiring payment to be allowed to participate in forum discussions / upload photos etc.. would be club suicide if you ask me.

#34 sco_aus

sco_aus

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,484 posts

Posted 29 June 2008 - 10:14 AM

Agreed

#35 260Coupe

260Coupe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 596 posts

Posted 30 June 2008 - 09:09 AM

Ok let's say the NDSOC have a track day for NDSOC members, does that include all of AusZcar members or only the payed up NDSOC/AusZcar members??

If it were to go through that is.

If/when the NDSOC holds a track day, it is open to all CAMS affiliated car club members, as entrant must hold a CAMS L2S licence or superior and to be eligible for a CAMS license you must be a member of a CAMS affiliated car club, any Auscar member wishing to enter must hold a CAMS L2S license, hence must be a paid up member of a CAMS affiliated car club (eg the NDSOC).
NDSOC is planning a day at DECA later this year (motorkhana, skid pan etc) which will be open to all L2S license holders of any club.

The other option is for the AUSZCAR club to incorporate as a "formal" car club , write a constitution, vote in a committee of president, Vice Pres, Secretary and Treasurer............gain CAMS affiliation and then approach the AOMC (Association of Motor Clubs)  for affiliation into the Permit Plate scheme.
This will then allow members to gain CAMS licenses and Permit Plates........however this will require alot of effort and some time to get underway.

food for thought  ???
Alan

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users