2009 Nissan/Datsun Nationals held in QLD

stevo_gj

Ok guys here are the details for the NDN09. Just be aware I am just copying and pasting this from emails I have been sent and stuff off the NDN09 website which is at http://zcarclubq.org.au/events/2009nationals/2009nationals.html .    Also if this information isn't updated for a while make sure to check the above link for the latest info.

To get on the mailing list:

Please email the Z Car Club of QLD Secretary at gregandmaddie@hotmail.com and leave your name, email address, type of car and phone number so that they can keep you informed.

Registration forms available soon (stay tuned)

The QLD Z Car club will be running the Nissan/Datsun Nationals in 2009 at Warwick in Queensland. Following is a very brief rundown, more information will follow as it comes to hand.

When: Easter 2009

Friday 10th April

Registration and Practice Morgan Park Raceway

Saturday 11th April

AM - The 2009 Nissan/Datsun Concours featuring all years and models from the Nissan Datsun range

PM - Scrutineering for competition

Evening - Barbeque Dinner

Sunday 12th April

AM - Competition Morgan Park Raceway and Country Tour

Evening - Evening Presentation Dinner

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Update: This was just sent out to the club

Update Number 2 Distributed July 2008

Here is the second update on our progress towards the Nissan Datsun Nationals 2009 (NDN09). This update includes all the key points from the previous update plus a few more.

Here are a few things you should consider well in advance of NDN09:

• Make sure you are on the register to receive these regular updates.

• Make sure to let us know now if you have a preferred competition number (no guarantees, first in best dressed)

• Book your accommodation ASAP (or risk having to stay further out of town)

• Make sure your membership to a CAMS affiliated car club is current.

• CAMS 2S (Level 2 Speed) License for those participating on the track

• CTP extension for road registered vehicles competing on the track

• Appropriate safety gear for those wishing to participate on the track

• Appropriate maintenance / setup for those wishing to participate on the track

It is getting increasingly more difficult to find accommodation within walking distance of the social events and car display.

Here are some potential places you could check if you haven’t already:

• Amble Inn

• Criterion Hotel

• Langham Hotel

• St George Lodge

• O'Mahony's Hotel‏

• Pitstop House

• CentrePoint Mid City

• Club Hotel

• 53 on Victoria

• Comfort Inn

• Best Western Golden Harvest (A little further than the rest but still walking distance)

• Coachman’s Inn (A little further than the rest but still walking distance)

We have calculated the entry fees to be as follows:

Early bird entry fees

(Received prior to Oct 31st) Standard entry fees

(Received after Oct 31st)

General Participation fee $185 $210

Motor sport fee $130 $140

Total $315 $360

We are finalising the entry forms and payment methods. We hope to circulate the registration form in the next few weeks.

Opportunities will be provided on the registration form to purchase additional merchandise, and other tickets etc.

Deposits of 50% will be accepted after the form is distributed.

The general participation fee includes an entry to the car display, a participant pack and one dinner at the dinner of champions.

We are hoping to accommodate your preferred competition numbers for the motor sport component. However we are depending on the capability of the team that manage the Morgan Park facility. If they can handle your requested number then no problems. Smaller numbers are more likely to be acceptable (eg under about 120 or so). We will have confirmation on this soon.

In the lead-up to NDN09 we aim to:

• Continue receiving expressions of interest and begin accepting deposits in Aug.

• Begin accepting orders for specific merchandise (over and above the NDN09 packs) in Aug.

• Complete the processing of deposits in Nov

• Complete the processing of full payments in Jan

When Easter 2009 rolls around the following is planned:

• NDN09 will begin with registration and a welcome Barbeque at a key location in Warwick in the afternoon of Friday April 10th 2009..

• A Car Display will be held in Warwick in the morning and early afternoon of Saturday April 11th 2009.

• A Sprint event will be held at Morgan Park (just outside Warwick) on Sunday April 12th 2009.

• A special “Dinner of Champions” will be held at a Warwick venue on the evening of Sunday April 12th 2009. The dinner will feature the presentation of awards and trophies along with anecdotes from 5 Australian Motor sport champions with connections to Nissan / Datsun.

• 1 month later...

Registration forms are out, just checked the site that I've linked in my post.

Simply follow this link:

http://zcarclubq.org.au/events/2009nationals/registration.html,

and download the forms.  :)

A Car Display will be held in Warwick in the morning and early afternoon of Saturday April 11th 2009.

I guess that means a show and shine? I'm only regurgitating what I've heard.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

To my knowledge the show and shine is free to spectators from 9am but not entrants being judged, usually as long as you are a club member with partner you can watch the circuit racing and create a crowd, all other dinners, bbq's & functions and trophies are for entrants, overnight accommodation is paid for separately by user regardless. Lynton

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Alright, I got the car back today (leaving tomorrow so it was a close call  :o) and it looks great :)

Shaun (sushi) and I are traveling to the nationals tomorrow, he will be taking numerous photographs so the whole experience should be nicely documented.

I look forward to seeing those of you who are going, and I'll post some of my experiences when I get back.