QLD Upcoming Events - June 2008
Posted 12 June 2008 - 10:32 PM
Thought I'd post the Z Car Club of Queensland's upcoming events list for June, if other members find this convenient then please let me know I might do it regularly.
Green Frog Run - June 15th - Reserve this date
The club will be organising a run to the Melany/Montville area incorporating a visit to the Green Frog gallery where there is an impressive rang of sculptures made from mechanical components - June 15th -Departing Caltex Service Station just past BEAMS RD CARSELDINE on l/h/side
Parking to be located in front of bakery.
MEETING TIME 8.00AM DEPARTING 8.15AM
Require full tank fuel
Shell service Station Aspley has “V” POWER
Destination MELANY AREA
LUNCH LOCATION HAS BEEN ARRANGED
Interclub Challenge Mt Cotton Hillclimb - July 6th - by application only
The next event in the Interclub challenge will be a hill climb at Mt Cotton July 6th. Our club is limited to a team of 5 so this is strictly by application only. If you are interested please email me firstname.lastname@example.org
This will be the third event in the series. The motorkhana was held last Sunday. Thanks to the guys that represented our club. Although we weren't as competative as we would like we can hold our heads high considering our fifth place team score of approximatly 400 was only 100 or so points behind the first place team (the team scores have only been provided verbally so far). In other words the team scores were quite close. Mike Linton took out the trophy for best Z Car Club performance. At least we can say we beat some of the WRX boys.
The best way for our club to perform well in this challenge is to make sure we have a full team of five at every event. For example if we had the additional competitor at the motorkhana our score could have easily been more like 500 putting us at the pointy end of the team scores. We are still in the hunt for a reasonable place at the end of the 2008 challenge. Don't let the club down.
Christmas In July (CIJ) - July 26th & 27th - Looks like being big
July is the busiest time of the year in Stanthorpe. Please read through the article about the weekend in the newsletter and contact me ASAP if you would like to join us on this years Christmas in July. No promises as accommodation is becoming hard to find.
This is the best Club Run of the year with loads of fun and laughter. Getting your zeds out (or other) in what ever condition, and driving on some of the great roads around the South-east Queensland, eating and dinking some of the best foods and wine. Most of the people who come along for the first time just keep coming back as they have such a great time and it is a great value weekend away.
The Christmas in July Run is similar to the 2005 Christmas in July run which you can read about in the 2005 July Club newsletter pages 9 and 10 which can be downloaded from the clubs website. We had 25 people last time in Stanthorpe and we should top 50 this year
Please contact David Robertson on Mobile 0417 649 622 or Email (preferred) at email@example.com
Classic Japanese Show & Shine (CJSS) - Oct 5th - Up to date details attached
CJSS will be held at Pine Rivers park just like the past two years. This year it will be held on Oct 5th. The latest details and form are attached to the emails you recieved.
Contact Ray for details firstname.lastname@example.org
Posted 12 June 2008 - 10:41 PM
Posted 12 June 2008 - 11:04 PM
Nissan Datsun Nationals 2009
Update Number 1 Distributed May 2008
Well it has been a while coming but here is the first update on our progress towards the Nissan Datsun Nationals 2009 (NDN09). Our plans are quite well established and we are progressing towards a very successful and enjoyable event. For those of you who are officials in a club we would really appreciate some estimates of expected numbers from your club. This will assist our coordination and help us organise the best event possible. Not to mention it helps us sell the event to potential sponsors which will increase the benefit back to the participants.
Here are a few things you should consider well in advance of NDN09:
· Make sure you are on the register to receive these regular updates. (email at bottom)
· Make sure to let us know now if you have a preferred competition number (no guarantees, first in best dressed)
· Book your accommodation ASAP (or risk having to stay further out of town)
· Make sure your membership to a CAMS affiliated car club is current.
· CAMS 2S (Level 2 Speed) License for those participating on the track
· CTP extension for road registered vehicles competing on the track
· Appropriate safety gear for those wishing to participate on the track
· Appropriate maintenance / setup for those wishing to participate on the track
We have been a little surprised that there has been so many people booking accommodation at this early stage. This is great for those who have because it means that there is serious interest in the event. However it also means that it could get increasingly more difficult to find accommodation within walking distance of the social events and show and shine.
Here are some potential places you could check if you haven’t already:
· Amble Inn
· Criterion Hotel
· Langham Hotel
· St George Lodge
· O'Mahony's Hotel
· Pitstop House
· CentrePoint Mid City
· Club Hotel
· 53 on Victoria
· Comfort Inn
· Best Western Golden Harvest (A little further than the rest but still walking distance)
· Coachman’s Inn (A little further than the rest but still walking distance)
In the lead-up to NDN09 we aim to:
· Set and communicate the participation fees in July
· Continue receiving expressions of interest and begin accepting deposits in Aug.
· Begin accepting orders for specific merchandise (over and above the NDN09 packs) in Aug.
· Complete the processing of deposits in Nov
· Complete the processing of full payments in Jan
When Easter 2009 rolls around the following is planned:
· NDN09 will begin with registration and a welcome Barbeque at a key location in Warwick in the afternoon of Friday April 10th 2009..
· A Show and Shine will be held in Warwick in the morning and early afternoon of Saturday April 11th 2009.
· A Sprint event will be held at Morgan Park (just outside Warwick) on Sunday April 12th 2009.
· A special “Dinner of Champions” will be held at a Warwick venue on theevening of Sunday April 12th 2009. The dinner will feature the presentation of awards and trophies along with anecdotes from 5 Australian Motor sport champions with connections to Nissan / Datsun.
Well that’s it for now.
If you have any questions, concerns or suggestions please let Greg (club secretary) know by Emailing email@example.com
Posted 13 June 2008 - 04:54 PM
Posted 13 June 2008 - 05:16 PM
Posted 13 June 2008 - 05:24 PM
Posted 13 June 2008 - 07:41 PM
I am living here on the Sunshine Coast after moving up from Melbourne and I am still a member of NDSOC in Vic, I haven't joined the Z car club of Qld yet, although I have been up here for 3 years. I will do when I get around to it. I have however been to the last two Japanese Classic car shows, north side of Brisbane which are good fun with a large variety of many Jap classics, makes the show quite an interesting day for spectators and entrants. It appears to be getting larger each year which is even better.
I should have my 260 back on the road next week after the exhaust is fitted which will allow me to take more interest in what's going on outside of working and enjoying our clear 24 degree sunny days in June!! I knew there was a reason for leaving the south
I reckon I will go to the nats09 I always get a buzz out of it and dream about spending more $$$ on the mighty 26 ounce, Lynton
Posted 13 June 2008 - 09:57 PM
Perfect, I've been meaning to post something about the 2009 Nationals also. However as funny as it sounds nobody from the Queensland Zcar Club has send me any information on it, or requested I post anything about it.
The Nationals should be a sepearte sticky thread in this area.
EDIT: Done, it's a sticky!
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users