offset question

jackson 280zx

hi  all..

my question is re  suitable offset for my 280zx

theres a set of simmons rims on ebay  ...15 s  with  95mm offset on front  rims and 100 mm offset on the rear ..

they are  7 and 8 inch wide rims ..i wonder if they will suit my 280 ?? alternatively ..can anyone help me with the correct data..or a nice set of rims!!

hope you can help ..thanks

regards mark

offsets are generally measured from the midpoint of the wheel, so the numbers you've stated make more sense as a measure of backspacing, i can't remember the required amount for a zed but an offset of close to 0 is desired depending on the width of course

so the offsets on the rims would be +6 on the front and -2ish on the back, so they would fit fine from my understanding of a 280zx (their rims are interchangeable with a 240/260 i think)

If that is the backspace measurement, ie from the back edge of the rim to the mounting face then they should fit fine. I just had a set of 18x8's made with a 95mm backspace to fit my suspension which has lowered spring seats on the struts and I can go a maximum of 100mm for backspace so you should be OK if the car has standard suspension or coil overs.