Apollo Bay Overnight Cruise, Sat 26 & Sun 27 July 2008

Toecutter

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

seen as this will be my first time, do we have accommodation lined up? eg: a hotel we stay at that i can book? or is it pick ya own ... i know the cummberland is the really big one there and offer off street parking .. or the pub across the road, but if there is already a place you use i don't mind just like to be repaired   

There is a place right in the heart of town that we stayed in last year. I think there was 5 of us from memory. We can give it a few more weeks before we have confirmation of a few numbers then we can book. Shouldn't be to hard getting in this time of year. They usually have a policy of 2 nights being an upity type place so we booked late last time and got in for one night since it was going to be empty otherwise. It was called the "Butter Factory" in Apollo Bay and is on the net. Cost around $350- split between 4-6 people makes it reasonable. 100 metres from the shops etc.

Do you think its a good place for all to rest up ? or is it a case of find ya own

It will most likely be that we will all be able to get accomodation at the Butter Factory however to get the lower rate (ie one night only) we will need to book very close to the day. If you are inetersted in sharing at the BUTTER FACTORY apartments then we shall organise some groups as we get very close to final numbers and then people within each group can work out how to proceed with booking their apartment between themselves.

We did it this way for the last Phillip Island cruise and it worked well. I shall continue to compile list of interested parties and request everyones e-mail adresses a couple of weeks prior to cruise, all those people will recive e-mail with all relevent maps and full details. Please feel free to PM me or send me an e-mail with your expression of interest (and e-mail address if you use PM) and I shall put you on the list and send you the relevent info at a closer date.

Cheers,

Sulio

sulio_m@hotmail.com.au

Mayham I take it you will be coming at this stage so updated list so far below!

Current list,(I'll update as we go):

1. Toecutter (Sulio)

2. ZZZ8 (Craig)

3. Dalee (Dale)

4. Matt Freeman

5. Mayham

Scoota? Ash? Dimitri? Gordon? Kyle? Lui? Matt Drago?, (by the way whats happened to Matt?), Richard? Evan? Warren? guys guys c'mon chime in, get on the list!!!!???? We need to beat the last turn out, it was 12 cars for the Phillip Island run or was it 13? Great fun.

OK Fellas, updated list:

1. Toecutter (Sulio)

2. ZZZ8 (Craig)

3. Dalee (Dale)

4. Matt Freeman

5. Mayham

6. Scoota, (Mark)

7. LC260z, (Lui)

Keep em coming!

Put me down as being there in Sprit...

Lurch, I hope you have'nt bought some strange Russian car called a Sprit and you mean spirit!  ;)

Sulio

David, your Z should be ready to go with that new bum!?

• Moderators

I'm working as fast as I can!!!! This conversion is a first for me; still trying to collect all the pieces I need to finish. Anyone have a coil pack from a V6 Hyundai?? I'm hoping to at least have it running in stock form for the cruise....month and a half...hmmmm

hey Sulio,

Ben and I are definitely trying to be there, but with my L26 in ICU and my L28 rebuild still in the shop it's going to come right down to the wire!  The new motor was meant to be fitted today and has been postponed a week, we have to try and drop the motor in and the new 5 speed conversion in a day as thats all a mechanic friend has time to spare....so I'll just trust the Lord on this one!

Rev.

OK Fellas, updated list:

1. Toecutter (Sulio)

2. ZZZ8 (Craig)

3. Dalee (Dale)

4. Matt Freeman

5. Mayham (Ben)

6. Scoota, (Mark)

7. LC260z, (Lui)

8. ReverendZ (David)

hey Sulio,

Ben and I are definitely trying to be there

Sweet Noted!

I was speaking to Sinisha with the RB motor in his 240 and he sounded half interested. Don't put his name down but he might be a chance for a day drive. I will see him this Sunday at Sandown and float the idea again.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Guys,

Just a little bit of a recap and update as the date is nearing.

This cruise is to take us from Melbourne through to Lorne to Apollo Bay via the very scenic Great Ocean Road.

Saturday night we plan to enjoy dinner and drinks and stay overnight in Apollo Bay, making our way back to Melbourne on Sunday morning. Of course if you don’t have the luxury of the entire weekend to devote to your Z, you can make it a day trip.

Just an outline of the current plan below:

10:30am to 12:00 - Melbourne to Bells Beach approx 100km (1 hour 20 minutes), 30 min stop to stretch the legs and maybe walk on beach

12:30pm to 1:00pm - Bells Beach to Lorne, approx 25km  (30 minutes), 1 hour stop for lunch

2:00pm to 3:00pm - Lorne to Appollo Bay approx 50km  (40 minutes depending on traffic)

3:00pm  Check in. For those that are staying the night check in to Apollo Bay accomodation, if weather is good go for a spin out to Lavers Hill and be back in time for drinks and dinner.

As last year I will send out meeting spots, maps etc about 1 week before the cruise. You will only recieve the map etc if you have indicated you will be coming. The current list as it stands below.

1. Toecutter, (Sulio).....booked to stay at the Butter Factory Apartments

2. ZZZ8, (Craig).....booked to stay at the Butter Factory Apartments

3. Dalee, (Dale).....booked to stay at the Butter Factory Apartments

4. Matt Freeman.....booked to stay at the Butter Factory Apartments

5. Mayham, (Ben)

6. Scoota, (Mark)

7. LC260z, (Lui)

8. ReverendZ, (David)

9. zedls1, (John)

10. Darren House

11. Biggelz, (Richard)

12. Ol_sk_Z, (Sach)

As with last year to keep things simple everyone is expected to organise their own accomodation if they plan to stay the night. There are quite a few places to stay and I have already booked The Butter Factory Apartments for four of us. These are three bedroom, 4 star accomodation with double lock up garages. We used them last year. Very big and nicely decked out over 3 levels with great Ocean views and basicallly in the heart of Apollo Bay close to the pub. $350.00 for one night, so not so bad when split between 4 or 5 people as they can sleep 5 with some rooms having two single beds.

If you like you give me a heads up if you plan to stay the night and I'll put you in touch with someody to share a room with so you can organise details between you guys.

I'll make note of the phone number at a later time as it's too cold to go out to the car to get it!  :)

Just a reminder regarding CB radio's. It does make it a whole lot more fun when you can communicate with each other and always helps on the safety front to keep everyone informed of road conditions up ahead. I use a 40 channel UHF hand held 5 Watt radio. The 2 Watters are OK if you just plan to listen but it's ideal to have a 5 Watter. I can't recommend strongly enough on how helpful they can be. If your buying one be careful as the 1 watters and below are almost like kids toys lacking power.

Sulio

Fingers crossed for the weather!

NEW_ROUTE.jpg