Fender Mirrors

zedevan

i was just wondering if any s30's ever came out in australia with fender mirrors? just because i remember that $30g+ orginal 240 that was for sale (on carpoint?) and it had them.

either way do you think they would be availible to purchase through Nissan? or would you have to get them from japan? i have the sr240z car as my bg and can't stop thinking about that look!

anyone have some black fender mirrors for sale? hehe, i reakon they'd look nicer on a dark green car after seeing this one with chrome mirrors

post-83-144023468662_thumb.jpg

• Administrators

Hey Evan,

yes they did come on some of the early 240z's here but most owners removed them and placed them on the door. You might be lucky enough to source a set through a Nissan dealer. It would pay to have a part # handy though.

I'd say your looking at $300 but pleasantly suprise me please :twisted: .

I think Chrome looks nicer but it depends on your bumper color and that kind of thing.

I think www.datsunrestore.com can get them for you. :D

Guys as I remember, being just that little bit older, the first 240Z's into Australia had the same door mirrors we see today but they were mounted on the LHS & RHS of the front guards. The black/chrome bullet mudguard mirrors were always only in Japan. Therefore would have been especially purchased if possible then and imported privatly.

Lynton :roll:

yeah i reakon the chrome ones look very nice, partically on those white ones, but completely depends on everything else...

http://www.classiczcars.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=11556&size=big&cat=559

that is quite sexy, i'd perfer it if the rims had a polished lip :D....wait a second thats the same car! :shock:

i'm thinking for my car, tinted windows, black bonnet, black fender mirrors, black flares, black at the bottom of my doors (dodgy rust cover up job) along with my black spoiler and paint below the rear bumper black, black rims and polished lip...(along with rb25det or 1jz-gte) then at some stage buy new doors and get the car properally resprayed, or sell it and buy a nice 15g kinda zed then at some stage sell off the engine and stuff then change to a newer engine...opinions would be appreshiated

yeah they are on yahoo japan around 18000yen...and really need the flares to finish off the look, so really need the money for rims...and larger brakes, but one day :roll:

if your chasis and floors arn't rusty then keep it and make it look all JDM as you want it now.... and drive it till you finish ur uni, then when you get a full time job, buy a nice daily, im thinking S14 will be nice and cheap and give the Z to a propr place to get someone else to do the hard work

otherwise get the crome redone, get a cheap lick of paint sell it with a rwc and it will sell like icecream on a hot day for a good amount

• Administrators

Evan I understand how you feel it's only been recently that I've had any money to spend on the Z. Everything else was just petty cash when I was a broke Uni student.

You'll get there, keep your Z mate she's only got some rust in the doors like mine does. It would be hard to find a more original car for the price you paid. It just needs a good tidy up and it will look a million bucks.