Hi from Singapore(?)!

Hey all!

Just thought I'd introduce myself after almost a year of lurking around. I'm from Singapore but I've been in Australia for a couple of years. I first fell in love with the old Zs 3 years ago when looking for my first car in Australia. It came down to choosing between a red 260 2+2 with plates SXY260 and a late subaru L wagon. For economic and practicality reasons back then, i chose the the subaru (F$!#S!@$^!!!!!!!) The only Z i own now has an SR20, is LHD, and has about enough space for 2 of my fingers in the cockpit...

IMG_3048.jpgIMG_3051.jpg

This site has really been helpful in educating me about Z ownership and that being said, I am closer than ever to owning a real Z and I hope to be able to contribute much to this forum too!

Cheers

Calvin

;D LOL i got the same one in white. and hoping to get my 240z transformed to look like it.

Welcome to the forums.as you know theres plenty of info around and if not im sure theres a lot of us here that can help.

hey, i have the same orange model, but it currently has some watanabes from the BRE painted model on it :D and another one which is in the process of being modified to resemble what my car will look like sometime...

I got tripped out when i saw your display picture as i currently have the same image for my msn pic! the work rims look so dam sexy  :-*

what subaru wagan do you have? i just bought a 99 outback limited (i'm not enjoying all the body roll so that might be changed at some point if i start to care enough, but it was the easiest and cheapest way to get the specs i wanted) as a functional daily while my zed is off the road (although mayb i should of gone with a clio sport due to fuel prices, but their build quality seems pretty crap), it goes alright but unfortunately nowhere near as fun as a zed is to drive, although i wonder how a GT-B would compare :D

I know a guy down here with the plates SXY260 (on an early 2 seater), as stock type plates, and he also owns '240 and '280, so since you can obviously double up on numbers in both states, why can't us in melbourne get custom plates that are AA99AA???

Thanks for the welcome guys! HaHa i wish they had scaled Z in electric blue like austin hoke's Z Coz thats pretty much how i would build a Z, but without the CF hood. Display pic shamelessly stolen from Kev from grandjdm/JNC. gotta love star road's style.. Work Equip 01/03 are teh sex haha.

I've got a 1992 DL wagon aka the Loyale to some, the predecessor of today's Liberty/Legacy. If i'm not wrong, these were the last soobs to have a dual range gearbox. These things, despite having a lack of power, are quite bulletproof!! Heres mine with a 2" lift kit on stockton beach last year. 390 000kms on the odo and still going!!

IMG_2857edit.jpgannabay-2-035.jpg

conquers sand dunes and  mountain tracks and still drivable in the city at ~9.5L/100km!

I'm going fishing there tomorrow night. Going to freeze my A#$ off I think.

Good old scooby.

Wife just got an 06 Impreza wagon with 6k on the clock.

Don't know if that one will go on the beach though.

Good luck with your Zed hunt.

• 2 weeks later...