WTB 240/260 Mirror

JP240z

Guys I'm in need of a RHS origonal mirror for a 260 2seater. Should be the same as a 240 one.

If anyone has one, or knows of one for sale, or knows where to buy one brand new or second hand please let me know asap!!

Does anyone know if any Nissan Dealerships sell them still? I've tried a couple..

This is pretty important as the project cant go any further until I get this part...

Cheers guys,

Jack.

• Administrators

Jack I don't know anywhere that has these. They are rare as hen's teeth. Mainly because the US version is different and in Japan they had fender mirrors.

The only thing rarer is the very early 240z's that had the different fender mirrors. I have been looking for an original mirror for ages, if you find one or two let me know as I need one also!! :).

Might have to try some wreckers and have it reconditioned. Or perhaps even try New Zealand?

Yeah Gav, my old lady has been waiting for one to come up for ages.. doesnt even matter what condition it is.

I think I was lucky to have one on my 240.. But yeah if I find someone that has one I will get 2 or 3 or 8.

I thought I remembered someone like Matt Drago documented their rebuild and costed up everything they had bought, which had an original mirror from Brighton Nissan, but all the dealerships I've checked havent been able to come up with anything..

• Administrators

Yeah you're right the arm does look similiar, but definately not factory..

It's hard-to-find parts like this that make it easier to give up on zeds..

C'mon now, getting parts for a Z is easy compared with other classics. You can get most parts from the US its just RHD specific ones like this that are difficult.

I actually purchased two mirrors from the US eBay, both 2nd hand mirrors one a classic front drivers original side mudguard mirror for a 240Z, the other the drivers side mirror sold as a LHS side mirror for a 240Z this mirror pivots perfectly for RHS driving.....go figure??? so keep an eye out you can be lucky like me, so it will be easy for me to buy a LHS passenger door mirror now .......hehehehe!

Lynton