Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Toecutter

Next AusZcar meeting at the Jag Club - Thurs 17 July 08

Recommended Posts

Hi Guys,

 

Still a couple of months away however just getting it on the radar for all. Seeing it will be mid winter we opted for the warm confines of the Jag Club in Springvale. We shall book the larger room that allows for one car to be on the floor for presentation. We are aiming to have Ash's new RB25DET powered 240z race car in the building for Ash to spill his secrets on. So all you fellas thinking of going down the RB route should not miss this night. As usual I'm sure there will also be an array of Z's in the car park from stock to modified for a perve.

 

We will also be discussing the August over night cruise to Apollo Bay via the Great Ocean Road to be held shortly after the meeting on the 2/3 August and there shoud be some good video on the multitude TV screens in the room.

 

Also hope to discuss (finalise) plans for a Dyno day. Will have more info on this soon.

 

I am posting this very early as we have had a really good turn out on the last cruise to Phillip Island and we would like to keep the momentum going. So do your best to make it on the night. You all have plenty of time to work around this date so get those cars running and put some faces to names on the night. Remember the more the merrier. All food and non alcholic drinks will be provided on the night free of charge.

 

When: 7:30pm til 10:00ish, Thursday 17rd July 2008.

Where: Jaguar Car Club of Victoria, 23 Rosalie St, Springvale, Vic. 3171 (Just off Springvale Rd)

 

See you there Sulio.

 

EDIT: DATE HAS BEEN CHANGED FROM 23 TO 17 July 2008 DUE TO LOCATION AVAILABILITY

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anyone have a generator just in case the power goes out?  ;D  ;D  ;D

 

It might even be a good idea as we could get the work lights out and have a good look at the below average job i have done on my engine bay  :o

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Does anyone have a generator just in case the power goes out?

 

hehe - just in case your curious as to what Scoota is talking about, the last meeting was on the stormy night a couple of months back when quite a few Melbourne suburbs had power losses due to the storms. Lets keep our fingers crossed this time hey!

 

Sulio

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ahh..just bring some nice powerful torches...or any cordless worklamps. We can poke around each others cars under the torchlight....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Guys - Just an update. We had to change the dates for the next meeting to the Thursday 17th July to fit in with the Jag Club. We have booked the big room for $100- and plan on putting a car on display. We are hoping Ash's awesome machine will be ready. Ash got any updates on the progress for us?

We intend to bring some Beer, soft drink and put on some pies or Hot Dogs on the night. We are yet to decide how the donations system on the night will work to cover these costs but we will work out something as we have in the past. I hope you can all make it for another great night and to hear all about Ashleys car.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I will be down for sure now mine is finall on the road ;D ;D if ash hasnt got his ready in time i wouldnt mind  to show mine off as i have done all my fab work to get that rb25det street legal so if there is people that are wanting to go down that path know what path to go down ....

just an option if needed , but looking forward to it otherwise

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi

 

Is soooo close to being ready. got all the mec work done just got to tidy up a few bits.

 

Can we get two cars in??? would be great to put the my race and mayhems road car in together:)

 

Ash

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yer that could work but I need to keep my car close as it has no locks and starts with the flick of a switch :)

 

Ash

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ash, you could have your car "sandwiched" between other cars in the car park so its harder to pinch. Just in case theres no other options...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yer that could work but I need to keep my car close as it has no locks and starts with the flick of a switch :)

 

Ash

 

um yer mines not much more better ha ha but the doors do lock

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah we have had two cars in there before. So bring them both along. If we can't squeeze them both in then maybe one after the other. Ash this place is pretty quiet and safe. But if worried your car could easily be parked in the factory which runs through to the dance floor where we park the cars. Can any body get there hands on 2 of those small wheel jacks the V8's use to move around cars. They would be ideal. I have been meaning to get a pair but would help manouver the cars the fit in easier.

Mayhem I am keen to check out your car. I hear a lot about these Zeds with RB motors but not many around road reg. Should be a big night.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Damn, wish I could make it.

 

Take plenty of photo's guys to make sure those who miss out, won't next time.

 

Do you have funding of the Jag Club covered?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yer mate Carig and I will cover it and people can chip in what ever they like on the night if they can afford it. Should be a good turn out. Will have to organise a member e-mail a couple of weeks prior.

 

Cheers,

Sulio

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like we will have two more people for this meeting. Matt Freeman and my brother Gordon have confirmed they will be coming along to this meeting. Ash will your car be ready in time? I might be able to get a couple of other Z owners along.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Craig,

 

Good to hear regarding Gordon and Matt.

 

I think Ash's putting final touch's on his car, sounds like it's just about ready now; I'm sure he will chime in. Mayham has also advised his car is ready so we will have that in for the night also. So should be OK re presentable Z's for the night.

 

Should call it the RB Z conversion night!  ;) ;D

 

Sulio

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yer the car is close enough but I have hit a prob with the club plates so I might have to bring it on the trailer.

 

Ash

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ash

which club are your CH plates through ?

 

You should be able to get a special use voucher from the Permit Secretary for one off use

(I do them for the NDSOC members)

 

Alan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Otherwise throw it on the trailer Ash. Been done before for meetings at this place.

Good luck.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok we are all go for my racecar.

 

I got a trade plate from my Dad so we should be ok :)

 

Was hoping to get a few people to follow me to the club meet though so if you are commoing from anywere near Cheltenham would be great if you could come via my place??

 

I think Sulio is going to but would be good to get a few cars so if I do get and police attention its easier to explain that we are all going to the meeting together etc

 

Ash

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×