• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#41 Zedman240®

Zedman240®

The 2000+ club

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,198 posts
  • Tagline:I want your old SHOGUN bike! PM me now...

Posted 20 March 2009 - 08:58 PM

I'm really interested in the results for the headers...Excellent write up Allan..

#42 PZG302

PZG302

The 1000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,761 posts

Posted 22 March 2009 - 09:22 AM

I'll be a happy chappy if the drivetrain losses are up at 50%, 150rwhp for my old motor will give me 300hp, woohoo I can quote the same numbers as the other big boys ;D ;D

It will be interesting to see what the drivetrain losses are and what effects different components and condition may have, also different tyre, wheel and gearing combos can have.

I know tyre sizes can affect the final figures as can whether the gearbox is an auto or not as the torque convertor can act as a torque multiplier fo rthe dyno.

#43 260Coupe

260Coupe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 596 posts

Posted 23 March 2009 - 09:46 AM

Glen according to the "Dyno Guru" 34mm chokes should be good to flow 200 bhp and still provide good low down response (high intake velocity at low rpm) ....hence I reverted back to the 34's as the 37's made no difference in peak HP.
I should have the car back on the chassis dyno later this week to make a direct comparison between BHP and rear wheel HP....so the yard stick is 163 rw hp = 180 bhp...(initial results on chassis and engine dyno) .....so with 201bhp we should get around 180 rw hp or approx 135 rw kw .
Nothing else in the driveline has changed so apart from atmospheric conditions (air pressure and temp) it will be as close a comparison as possible.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users