• Please log in to reply
144 replies to this topic

#141 Zedman240®

Zedman240®

The 2000+ club

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,198 posts
  • Tagline:I want your old SHOGUN bike! PM me now...

Posted 08 July 2009 - 09:04 PM

Shane, was the shaft play in the distributor body itself or the shaft/drive running from the oil pump to the dizzy? The L20ET dizzy I have has virtually no shaft play at all. Someone on the HybridZ site stated they connected a Oscilloscope to the L28ET distributor and found very little if any noise or "errors" even at high RPM. When I get to that stage, I will share the info I find out...Thanks for that info Shane...

#142 Scando

Scando

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 932 posts

Posted 08 July 2009 - 09:10 PM

A bit of both but maily on the shaft.  We tried putting the plastic bush off the Hitachi shaft onto the Mitsubishi shaft which has a metal bush normally.  This made it a lot better but still not perfect.  Sounds like the turbo dizzy is a better design.  Good luck, I'll be interested to hear what you end up with so I can copy it later on  :P

#143 Scando

Scando

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 932 posts

Posted 25 July 2009 - 10:13 AM

Hi Dimitri

Just thought you might be interested to know we ended up grafting a complete RB30 distributor into the L28 to fix the problems we were having with the new computer.  Long story but it turns out that wasn't the problem anyway!  I'm very happy with the end result though.  The timing stays perfect right through the rev range where we were getting a few degress of scatter with the L28 distributor.

Anyway, there's a lot of work required to make the RB30 dizzy fit but it can be done.  The L28ET dizzy with the RB30 wheel would be much easier and cheaper unless you're lucky enough to have a couple of very helpful mates that are fitter and turners  ;D

One thing you might find helpful is that we had to turn the wheel upside down.

#144 RB30X

RB30X

The 1000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,981 posts

Posted 26 July 2009 - 12:16 PM

One thing you might find helpful is that we had to turn the wheel upside down.

is that because the rb30 dizzies spin in the opposite direction.

#145 Scando

Scando

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 932 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 09:40 PM

is that because the rb30 dizzies spin in the opposite direction.

I'm not sure what way they spin in an RB30 but I'd say that must be the case.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users