Hi guys,

My name's Jerry and its my first time on this site. Im hoping to get some information on my conversion. I have done a bit of research but was unable to find much on this specific conversion. I found a thread in Hybrids.org but wasnt sufficient information.

Can anyone please tell me if you have attempted to swap a Nissan Stagea R34 NEO into a 1973 240Z?

If anyone has any information on this conversion including maybe an extras checklist, engine mounting/tunnel mods if needed and AWD that would be really helpful. Thank you.

Posted (edited)

Would be pretty much the same as a r33 rb25 conversion. Which is probably the most done conversion out there.

Rb25 neo is the same as any rb25 in terms of mounting.

There are dozens of install kits available.

Awd? Doubt its possible to get the front tranfer case to fit.

Do a google search for rb25 into a s30.

Why dont you just buy a r33 gtr for 30k and be done?.

Edited by Retro Z

Hi, thanks for getting back to me so promptly, I'll probably be going with the Mckinney engine and tranny mounts.

That's what I was worried about the AWD, need to do a little more research on that topic.

I have a 240Z that I just finished doing all the metal work, no more rust, 3 months of hard labour. I've had the car sitting in the carport for nearly 7 years now and I'm adamant to get it on the road with a nice set up. I was initially thinking the R33 gtst but I had a guy talk me out of it and told me to go the R34 NEO.

GTR is out of the question, however thanks for the suggestion.

In my opinion the S30 is too light structurally for a all wheel drive conversion, I have heard of it being done but have no info. There is lots that can be done with your 240Z to compliment a RB engine, power steering, brake and suspension improvements will all go to making it a complete and balanced driving package.

Have you researched all the RMS requirements for such a build?

I'm guessing you'll have to upgrade the brakes, including the M/C, and run the anti-pollution gear that was originally fitted to the engine. The requirements seem to be constantly changing these days. Actually fitting the engine and drivetrain is about 10% on what is required to have a car on the road.

If you are happy to go ahead after this research, engage an engineer before you start so you'll know what he/she will accept at a final presentation.

I agree Richard and yes I will be doing all those upgrades.

I haven't done an RMS check as yet, I did however speak to my mechanic who is aware about all of this and did mention that everything needs to be stock with no mods to begin with until it gets approved. Hes done hundreds of builds so im taking his word for it.

But now that you have brought that in converstaion it making me think twice so i will look into this just to be safe, thank you. 

You will need that much to put a RWD RB25DET in if you aren't doing everything yourself, by the time it's registered and on the road.