gav240z

Wanted 240Z Dashboard "frame" Only

Hi Folks,

Since I just responded to Mick's wanted ad for a 240z dashboard I figured I'd ask if anyone has a dashboard frame (only). Here is a rough dashboard I have.

The frame is a bit rusty and will need a good sandblast and clean up, 1 or 2 of the top metal brackets will need to be fabricated as they have rusted through to the point of being useless.

Rather than busy a nut fixing it, I'm wondering if anyone has a good frame they don't need anymore? Maybe your padding is so far gone that the only good thing left is the frame? In which case I'd love to buy it!

respect. I claimed that my z was the rustiest car on the forum, but even I didn;t have a rusted thru dashboard

In fairness I think the car is came from is long gone, it was an early car too.

But I believe the frame rust is due to being stored in a less than ideal environment. ????

Mate!. I just dumped a half decent dash at the local recycling centre on Sunday. It was fibreglassed and primed and used as a plug for Topstage to make a mould a few years ago. I'll go have a gander on Saturday and see if its still there for you.

Mate!. I just dumped a half decent dash at the local recycling centre on Sunday. It was fibreglassed and primed and used as a plug for Topstage to make a mould a few years ago. I'll go have a gander on Saturday and see if its still there for you.

Exactly why I was asking because I thought someone might have something along those lines that would be useful.