Guard Rolling Tool

Cozza

Hi Guys.

Just wondering what if someone round Sydney has a guard rolling tool they would be happy to loan.

I put some 225/50 Toyo r888R’s on my 15” +4 wheels and got some minor scrub that needs to stop.

Ebay ones are pretty cheap but I don’t really want to buy one if I could avoid it as it’ll be a one off use I’d reckon.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com.au%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F222244543314

Please let me know by reply or pm.

Thanks

Mick

• Administrators

Hmmmm heat gun can easily destroy paint... Be careful.

As someone who has destroyed car plastics with heat guns on more than 1 occassion and used it to scrape paint off.

Or, use a rubber mallet, go gently and take your time. 

Just go slow and start at one end and tap lightly on the lip to move it up and then tap pretty close to the last one and a light tap then move, light tap and so on.

It should take about 2 stubbies per wheel arch if going from the original 90 degree edge to fully folded. Depending on how fast you drink. That's what it usually takes me to do this anyways. Successfully done on a few old and newer datsuns and my hairdresser car.

Heat gun only really needed once you start to get the lip near to the 180 degree bend and if you have been rushing and moving the lip a fair bit as you knock it up.

Oh and if you do crack the paint, quickest and easiest way to seal and hide it, a quick brush over with clear nail polish.

Edited by PZG302

1- Stubbie for Matt is a vodka cruiser

2- ....... nuff said

3- You can borrow some nail polish from Matt. (See #2)

After a couple of your bookface posts....

something something glass houses something stones........

Oh and pink is your colour, maybe not hot pink though, that needs to be toned down.