Recommended Jacking Points

Groundhog

Does anyone have any literature on the right jacking points for the front and rear lift of the cars?

I have an engine cross member and swing arms  and chassis rails that have been damaged over the years by lifting with jacks and probably a few bottom outs as well.

I would like to mark the correct jack point or put a disc to engage a jack on the cross member to avoid any future damage seeing as how I am replacing the bashed in section on the engine cross member atm.

GH

You should be able to jack it under the engine cross member to lift the front wheels and under the diff to lift both rears, I think that is in the manual too. Lifting it by the chassis rails will crush the box sections. Changing single wheels is as per the post above.

I only use the cross member up front, and diff at back, to lift the car. As Brabham points out the box section chassis rails are easily damaged, the seams get bent, even at those factory lift points.

Edit: Eric, the factory manual says to use the cross member up front, and diff at back - have scanned the factory 260Z manual and have emailed you a pair of PDFs.

Edited by gilltech