Hi Ever Body

I'm new to this forum but have been on Ozdat for years, have rebuilt many 1600's but thought it was time to go up market . Purchased a 260z 2+2 recently and in need of doors (1 bad with rust but can be repaired , the other previous owner ran into door with own car beyond repair ) I have come across some 2+2 doors but my question is, are all 260z  2+2 doors through out the years of manufacturer the same . Reason I ask this strange question , I have seen on Ebay single doors advertised but owner also nominates a year of manufacture eg76-78 or 73- 75 etc etc  if 1600's are anything to go by all doors are the same for a 4 door car . A response would be appreciated

Rgds Lynton Perkins

no they are not the same, the door itself is the same but there are two types of latch, it has to match your own car so before you buy one ensure it has the correct  latch

Great name by the way :)

Edited by Linton

I think the changeover period was roughly October 1976 - some call cars prior to this series 1 cars, cars after are series 2. When was yours built?

Thanks Guys .

Linton ---Not many of us around with a name like that --goods see someone else with a Datsun and similar name  ---So you are saying the door catch and striker are different for the two version --everything else the same   door size   hinge positioning . All i have to do is make sure the catch on my old door is the sames as new door i'm looking at . Do you know if the position of catch is in the same place .

Brabham --I had better double check --pretty sure it is 74 , didn't take a close look at that but will tonight . If you are saying 76 was change over that's possibly why years are mention on some adds on ebay .

Rgds Lynton Perkins 

Yes that's why people advertise the year of 2+2 the door came off, as the door catch design changed, as did some of the internals and even the glass profile.

The good old 1600s might have been pretty much standard across the years but the Zeds were anything but, with numerous detail and design changes along the way and from year to year and to conform for different markets.

Edited by gilltech

The door itself is different too, the later one has a section cut out in the door for the later style latch. Early doors are similar to 240's with a roundish thing that bolts to the door. If you see a cut-out in the door where the mech is, its a late door