Wanted: 260z or 260 2+2

Gordie

Hey guys! I'm on the search for a manual 260z or 260z 2+2 that's very low in rust, or ideally rust free.

In an ideal world the car would be:

*Rust free or very low easy to fix rust.

*5 speed manual

*Interior in good condition and fairly original

*Paint in good condition

I'm in Victoria and I'm planning to use this as my daily driver, so a roadworthy one would be brilliant. Willing to pay upto 10k fir the right one.

Hope some one could help me..

Call me on 0400 923334  (Gordie)

Cheers!

you should be able to find a 2+2 that meets the criteria with that budget fairly easily, 2 seater might require a bit more careful looking and waiting.

Check carsales for 2+2s, there always seems to be at least 5 or 6 up there.

you should be able to find a 2+2 that meets the criteria with that budget fairly easily, 2 seater might require a bit more careful looking and waiting.

Check carsales for 2+2s, there always seems to be at least 5 or 6 up there.

Hey Ben, so you still keeping an eye out for another project Z?

Sulio

Yeah, i thought about getting an auto and installing a manual tranny in an auto, but i'd prefer a factory fitted one.

I spose it's just a waiting game....fingers crossed not a long one.

Thanks for the suggestions

Gordie

Gordie,

I don't reckon you will get much better than the one advertised above. Probably get it for under 6K. Changing to manual is nothing if your budget was close to 10K. Sounds like he has done a bit of work and you would have some cash over if anything unfortunate came up on the car. I am guessing this guy would have put close to 15K into that car. Would be worth a look. that's my 2cents worth.  ;)

Yep, I'm still on the hunt for a 260z or 260z 2+2.

My wish list in posted at the very top, seen a couple of nice autos,  but ideally would like a manual. Have thought about converting but i've been told once converted they are "never the same.."

If anyone can help: 0400 923334

Cheers

Gordie

My wish list in posted at the very top, seen a couple of nice autos,  but ideally would like a manual. Have thought about converting but i've been told once converted they are "never the same.."

yea thats right........................ never the same, caus they just go that SO much netter with a pedal for the left foot to operate.

and you can shift as you will not when the auto wants

mind you my current vh45 swap will stay auto until im all clear with reg and/or get sick of no clutch pedal and the trans itself.

nato

This is on trading post. Here is the link is got a bit of rust apparently but apart for that good starters car, cheap too. Its a manual 2+2 260Z and with a bit of workk could be very good.

http://www.autotrader.com.au/iteminfo/adnumber_WM2703238318_loc_locRZSQregtAVSCdistRZSQAVSCstateRZSQ9AVSCregRZSQ_off_3_sect_Automotive_sort_otRZSQ1BJDZfdRZSQSearchDisplayPriorityIndAVSCotRZSQ1BJDZfdRZSQFirstPublished_sqt_0_srchby_srchbyRZSQmkmdlAVSCmkdlsRZSQDatsunMRFX260Z_stpg_1_subs_Used+Cars_

Good luck hunting. Hope this helps.

If you find an auto with not much rust then it might be the go. It's much cheaper to change an auto to a munual than to get rid of rust. Plus being less desirable I am tipping it won't have done as many miles, meaning the interior and drive train would be in better nic.

Like Nato says it won't make any difference. Remember when you ordered the cars new they didn't have different chassis for auto's and manuals. I imagine most of the holes for fittings will probably be there you just need the manual parts to bolt up. I am sure plenty of mechanics could do the change for you easily and affordable. But to cut out rust on a crap Zed will cost you thousands to fix down the line or you might be happy driving a manul rust bucket that has been on the hoist a million times and has stuffed rails. Ha Ha.

Aah, well I guess my search for a beautful zed is now a little more open to autos aswell. I should have bought the one i drove on the weekend.

I'll keep searching, doubt will be long before i grab a nice one

• Moderators

After an auto - manual conversion, the only difference that will be visible on the car is the compliance plate. You will also be doing the Zed world a favour, removing another auto transmission from service! ;)

i love auto Z's ;D....even better if manual valve body and hi stall :P

don't knock them 'til you've driven a performance auto,nothing faster in a straight line....especially when you need both hands on the steering wheel ::)

• Moderators

Sorry, but the only time I find an auto worth every cent literally is when I'm driving with a drink in my hand and  phone in the other or in peak traffic! Some 0-100 times are faster with manuals....

Give me an auto any day as a daily drive. Manuals in peak hour drive me crazy. But on the track or country road well that's a different story. I would love an auto in mine for the quater mile only. But you can't have everything unless you got millions.  :(

autos are good. bit stronger they can take more abuse and are proven to be quicker down the 1/4. also good for those that are lazy and dont know how to drive manual because its too complex for them.

BUT personaly i will never put one in as long as i can use my left leg. autos just bore me to death even in traffic jams. i didnt even bother trying selling my auto out of the 260z (dont think anyone will buy it anyway) straight to scrap metal yard. so it doesnt find its way into another z.

who ever came up with idea for autos in sports cars should be punished by electric chair.  ;D