lando

Wtb: 240Z Roof Skin

looking for a roof skin, can anyone help?

I might have 1 soon, I'm waiting on 1 to be imported and willing to sell another spare I have (needs a little work). Just waiting until I have the new 1 before getting rid of the old.

Could you post some pics? What does a roof go for these days?

A good roof, around $1000+ if it's rust free and mint. A rough 1, well I was going to ask around $500 or so for this 1 because it's had some repair work (will need light skim of filler) and will need a little repair on the edges (which is less likely to be a warpage issue than if it was in the middle).

Give me a day or 2 to take photos of it and come back to you. I also wanted to make sure my other roof was good upon arrival before listing it for sale.

Feel free to bump it again in a couple of days if I forget..

Hi mate,

My other roof came in today and I am happy with it (not perfect, but what 40 year old panel is?) anyway here is the skin I was going to use if I couldn't find a better 1.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/egRzHEXxQpKMcIYX2

Hopefully the pictures are explanatory, the roof has had someone oxy weld at the rear (quite skillfully) and hardly any distortion, so would only need slight skim of filler. The other sections will need a bit more work (rear edge etc..).

I am after $500 for it, you have first refusal.

I'm almost tempted to grab it, tidy it up & use it to make a roof skin buck...

You have a roof skin already with HS30 00051 you could use instead couldn't you?

I am working on getting a LH side (passenger side) NOS rear 1/4 panel and rear valance section also. So we can always look at getting those re-made based on factory pressings / scanning etc..