A New Forum Section For Quick Q&a

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 gav240z

gav240z

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 13,232 posts
  • Tagline:Jack of all trades, master of none.

Posted 20 September 2017 - 11:29 PM

As the subject says, I've created a new Q&A section for posting a question where you don't expect the answer to remain for over 60 days. This is great for all those questions you wanted to ask but wasn't sure warranted an entirely new thread of it's own.

Named in honor of our member Aircobra* who takes the shotgun/pepper approach to Q&A and new topics. :D

Something I've been meaning to do for a while as I often have my own random questions.

*Hope you take this small ribbing it in your stride mate...remember it's because we care. :P

• 260DET, andyk_79, theremm and 1 other like this

#2 aircobra

aircobra

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 762 posts
  • Tagline:New Member

Posted 22 September 2017 - 10:38 AM

thanks gav,

don;t knock success  -  2 years of resto. dropped the car off at the RWC today !!!!!

aerial karate kick x 2

lets see what they find, still haven't traced the rear clunk

• gav240z, Ponyo240z and AndBir like this

#3 PeterAllen

PeterAllen

The 1000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,361 posts
  • Tagline:Manana!

Posted 25 September 2017 - 10:52 AM

This must be a Gen Y - Gen X thing.

You don't necessarily need a long thread to have good information, sometimes just the first reply is spot on, AND IT WILL BE GOOD INFORMATION FOR OTHERS IN THE FUTURE.

If you were inquiring about 'carpet' wouldn't one just go to the interior thread and search for 'carpet'. Often there are numerous threads on the topic containing a range of interconnected information. If not, start a thread so there is still a SINGLE section containing all information on a particular topic subject.

KISS

Grumpy Old Fart.

• OdinZ likes this

#4 gav240z

gav240z

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 13,232 posts
  • Tagline:Jack of all trades, master of none.

Posted 25 September 2017 - 11:28 AM

This must be a Gen Y - Gen X thing.

You don't necessarily need a long thread to have good information, sometimes just the first reply is spot on, AND IT WILL BE GOOD INFORMATION FOR OTHERS IN THE FUTURE.

Ironically I created an entirely new section for quick Q&A and already we're using it wrong. :D

But the author of a post can select the best answer and mark it as solved. See example attached image.

Attached File  Screen Shot 2017-09-25 at 11.25.59 AM.png   257.34KB   0 downloads

• OdinZ likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users