• HomeBuiltByJeff likes this

#102 HomeBuiltByJeff

HomeBuiltByJeff

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 20 January 2018 - 12:57 PM

I think I have decided I will keep the bumper, but I will weld it up as one piece and see if I can make is sit a bit tighter to the body.

#103 gav240z

gav240z

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 12,761 posts
  • Tagline:Jack of all trades, master of none.

Posted 20 January 2018 - 03:05 PM

Hot tip Jeff, when pasting links to your videos in this thread, don't make them URL's, instead just paste the plain link text and the forum software will interpret the pattern of that text and convert it to an embedded video. If you place it in a URL or in URL tags then it will just treat it as a URL and won't embed it as a video.

#104 gav240z

gav240z

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 12,761 posts

Posted 20 January 2018 - 03:06 PM

I think I have decided I will keep the bumper, but I will weld it up as one piece and see if I can make is sit a bit tighter to the body.

I haven't watched the video yet, but if the bumper is sitting out wider it's probably a 2+2 bumper rather than a 2 seater bumper (which are getting harder to find now). The 2+2's are a little wider around the rear end and therefore need the wider bumpers.

#105 HomeBuiltByJeff

HomeBuiltByJeff

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 20 January 2018 - 03:21 PM

Hot tip Jeff, when pasting links to your videos in this thread, don't make them URL's, instead just paste the plain link text and the forum software will interpret the pattern of that text and convert it to an embedded video. If you place it in a URL or in URL tags then it will just treat it as a URL and won't embed it as a video.

I don't put it in URL tags. It is weird. I do it the same way every week and sometimes it brings up the thumbnail, and sometimes it doesn't. I can't work it out?

Edited by HomeBuiltByJeff, 20 January 2018 - 03:22 PM.

#106 HomeBuiltByJeff

HomeBuiltByJeff

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 20 January 2018 - 03:22 PM

haha, that time it worked!

• gav240z likes this

#107 gav240z

gav240z

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 12,761 posts

Posted 20 January 2018 - 03:27 PM

You're going to hate me now, but after watching your video on door alignment, the twisted doors can be corrected with factory alloy shims that sit under the door hinges.
20150916_135740.jpg?v=1442457111
$_57.JPG

I've messed around for a long time on mine and still not 100% correct (driver side) but partially that's because I used rare spares door skins to fix 1 side.

As for the bonnet, I feel your pain I spent ages working on mine, but admittedly made quite a few mistakes (part of the learning process) and will likely use the aftermarket / reproduction unit instead. I don't like giving up either but sometimes it's the only way to move forward.

#108 HomeBuiltByJeff

HomeBuiltByJeff

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 20 January 2018 - 03:32 PM

You're going to hate me now, but after watching your video on door alignment, the twisted doors can be corrected with factory alloy shims that sit under the door hinges.
I've messed around for a long time on mine and still not 100% correct (driver side) but partially that's because I used rare spares door skins to fix 1 side.

As for the bonnet, I feel your pain I spent ages working on mine, but admittedly made quite a few mistakes (part of the learning process) and will likely use the aftermarket / reproduction unit instead. I don't like giving up either but sometimes it's the only way to move forward.

I have similar on my 911. I did think of making some, but I wanted to get it as straight as I could while it was bare.

I have one more thing to try with the bonnet. After some suggestionsI am going to cut the bracing in the front and then try to straighten it out and weld it up again. I have nothing to lose, because if it doesn't work the bonnet is scrap anyway. I just hate giving up so much!!!  >:D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users