Home Built Z 'full Video Build'

I enjoy your video's working on the Z.

Haven't looked at the others, looks like you pretty much document everything!

Your missus must be understanding and very supportive, she's a keeper.

Also. Vernier calipers are only accurate and should only be trusted within 0.1mm. If you need to measure to hundredth's of a mm, you should use micrometers.  

^-^

Hey mate looks like you have played the violin with all that shoulder and chin work you were doing balancing that door lol 

Love to see rust repairs being done but Im too fearful of doing it myself

Keep up the good work 

Hi Jeff

Just started watching your series..

Great work and inspiring.

With the time lapse it's difficult to see how much time you leave between welds..

I know the mig welds are tough but maybe try giving it a few taps with a small hammer to release the tension in the metal in between each weld..

Thanks

John

What I have found now, is I don't tend to get much warping with the welding itself. There was more that came through the grinding. Now I have recently switched from hard grinding discs to coarse flap discs it seems to be much better. It still grinds back the weld quickly, but it seems to put less heat into the panel.

Your porche time lapse made the road and track website US

It has gone completely viral, it's crazy. On my facebook it has over 800k views, on Car Throttle's it has over 2.5M views. Then more views on Jalopnik and it currently has about 94k on YouTube. It is insane, I thought it would be a popular video, but never dreamed of that.

Edited by HomeBuiltByJeff

Haha. Different strokes for different folks. I spent quite a few dollars and lots of time getting rid of rust and returning my rear guards/quarters to as close to original as I could. In 30 seconds on the video you just cut yours off!!

Nice work, if you like flairs.

Jeff.