• Administrators

I like the video but can hardly hear you? Maybe get a lapel mic for your next video?

PS: That's a lot of work you have there! But probably no more than HS30 00051.

This is great - thanks for sharing, I'll be following along!

If you don't mind, I have a question...

• How did you decide where to cut the qtr/roof join? I'm under the impression that the join between the roof/qtr is hidden by lead, and well I've never worked with lead before so any advice on removal of the QTR would be great!

cheers

Thanks for the feedback guys.

@Rickers

I cut the rear quarter off right before the window rail section, so unfortunately I didn't make the cut at the factory join. BUT I think I'll go for the cut at the lead join in the future and remove that piece as well. If you look at your rear hatch window rail section, you can actually see where the rear quarter ends. If you make a cut from that point onwards it'll be exactly where the lead join occurs, however you'll end up cutting a section of the window rail as well which I'm trying to avoid for now. 

I managed to import an entire rear RH section off a 240z from Japan (rear quarter still attached to strut tower and a part of the boot). I'll definitely keep you updated when I figure out the best technique.

Thanks for the info! It'll make it much easier for me. Good luck with everything and I'm looking forward to the next video.

cheers

Looks like a good project, will be interesting to see it come together. The floors didn't look too bad in the video. You may want to see if the chassis can be straightened first before investing more time in it. Good luck with the build and the videos will help others in a similar situation. Cheers

Looks like a good project, will be interesting to see it come together. The floors didn't look too bad in the video.

I was thinking the same thing, the passenger floor looks like it would have come up good after blasting, was it worse than it looked in the video?

• Administrators

Much better video quality this time, I could hear you!

Rear of floor did look bad. I am hoping to salvage my floors. They are not too bad, a bit of panel beating and blasting might make them look decent again.

• Administrators

Yes Niles got that passenger side 1/4 panel.. (in Switzerland) and I got this driver side 1 recently.

IMG_20170810_110147.jpg

Cost a small fortune, but the 1/4 panel on HS30 00051 has had a bit of a hit and needs many hours spent on it to put right so this seemed like a better idea. They do come up for sale, but not often!

I managed to also get a NOS hood/bonnet recently. Well at least I think it is, will find out when I collect it soon!

Couple of great videos Trung.

Nice work. Just be sure to brace the shell as you pull things off. If you construct a jig as you remove structure you should be able to straighten or move parts back to the original location. Then as you replace the structure it will remain in the correct position.

Have a look at George's 0019 build thread at some of the photos of the shell that Paul took when he was repairing it for some good guidance.

Jeff

I managed to also get a NOS hood/bonnet recently. Well at least I think it is, will find out when I collect it soon!

Was that the hood for sale by Datsun Parts recently? I was wondering if it is a repro and if so whether Chris might have tapped into a panel source somewhere. However, if it's a one-off NOS Nissan part he dug up then that sinks that hope.

• Administrators

It was from Japan, before the reproductions that appeared on eBay, so I am hoping it's a Nissan OEM part!

Also may have found a NOS passenger side rear 1/4 panel for an early 240Z... they are still out there!

• 2 weeks later...