New Guy From The Usa

Old Datsun nut from the USA, Spokane, WA.

I have owned a '67 2000 roadster for over 25 years, but have recently gotten into Z's the last 8 years or so.

I own 2) '74 260's. One is a resto-rod project, the other is an endurance race car. I started an amateur race team "Mad Greek Racing," and I am in the middle of my 5th season racing  the endurance car, and that consumes most of my spare time

Racing at The Ridge

In the course of racing, I have broken, bent, or destroyed pretty much every piece on one of these cars. I have learned a fair amount about making a reasonable amount of power from these engines on a very modest budget.

I look forward to chatting with you folks.

Andy K

"The Mad Greek"

This is a video my son made of our racing exploits. It is a fun watch (I think)

What a great intro Andy. That video your son put together gives us a great insite into your many years of Datsun passion, and your love for the sport. I loved it. I think you and I would be great mates at a race meeting. Nice work cheers Gordo.

Thanks for making me feel so welcome, Gordo! I am sure you and I could be mates if we lived a few thousand miles closer! I would love to visit your country some day. You Aussies are well known as a fanatical bunch of gear-heads! (my kind of folks).

I have a close friend who races white water endurance jet boats, here in the US, and in Canada. Jet boat racing is a sport you Aussies pretty much invented. 

Have you ever been to the States? 

Kind regards,

Andy K

Best bit is the Datsun 2000, but, i am a bit biased!

Have recently retired from 20 odd years of circuit racing and rallying,

We're a pretty good bunch of blokes on here, you'll fit right in.

One of our guys has been in Oregon, but now down in San Diego, catching up with Mick Spreadbury, the Scoville's, and a few other Roadster guys there.

Yep, he's a racer too!

• 4 months later...

P90

I hope everyone is doing well down under. I have been working on a new head for the endurance car, and thought I would post a picture.

merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!

Andy K