jalexquijano

Sluggish Acceleration / Misfiring After 5 To 10 Mins Traffic Jam

Just installed a coolant reservoir tank to my champion 3 row radiator. It´s working better now. Anyway, the car is still presenting some sluggish acceleration when stuck on a 5 to 10 mins short traffic. As advised previously my car engine is modified to 2.6 with oversized pistons and i was wondering if using a hotter plug such as NGK BP5ES will solve the problem when coming out of idle in order to obtain a smooth acceleration or this has nothing to do at all?

Have you got decent heat shielding between exhaust mani and carbs?

Based on this thread and your other thread about exhaust popping I think your engine needs a good tune. It's very hard to know what's happening in isolation and it will probably be a few different things adding together.

On a side note I lived next door to Panama in Costa Rica for two years a long time ago. We lived in San Jose but spent plenty of time in Punta Arenas and Limon.

Jeff

Edited by CBR Jeff

my engine and carbs have been already tuned up! I installed a set of NGK BP6ES and have gap them to 0.031. If using a pertronix ignitor module and pertronix flamethrower kit should i gap them to .034? I guess i need more spark at idle.

Edited by jalexquijano