Sign in to follow this  
yellazed

Wanted - A/C system for 260Z

Have the dash out of the Z, so a good time to install an aircon system. Does anyone have one for sale, or know of a substitute system that will do the trick?

I'm in Brisbane (hence the need to cool it!).

Cheers,

Wal F

dough i just threw the last one i had in the scrap metal bin.

all besides the condensor which was missing.

i still may have few small bis and pieces but nothing significant.

also had two factory a/c compressors which also went to scrapers. only if you were 2 weeks earlier with the post.

I know Sulio will be giving his the heave ho pretty soon. But you should be able to finds a complete unit cheap locally. Someones got to have it lying around or on the scrap heap from one of those rust buckets.

yep everything there inc pipework, condesnsor, evaporator etc just have'nt removed the little radiator bit that sits in the dash. I'm in Melbourne though.

Sulio

You could try ZBITS, Paul on 0754645056. I had got some parts from him but to do it properly you will need to buy new hoses, drier, TX valve or orifice.

I am in Brisbane and you are welcome to have a look at how I put mine together.

What year model do you have? As the pre 1976 ones are different than the later models.

Oldmates260z:  thanks for the tip, I'll give him a call.  I'm really after the in-dash bits and could afford to wait on compressors and the like. Edit:  It's a '74 model.

Sulio: PM sent.

rbz260:  Bummer!  My timing has always been bad. 

Thanks to Modular9 and all who PM'd me.  Fantastic to have received such rapid responses from our fellow Zedders.

Sulio has come to the rescue with a complete system and Modular9 is heading over to ZBits to see if he has a good fan assembly as a back-up, so I am feeling pretty cocky right now. Might have a 'cool' Z after all!  ;D

Thanks again and I hope I can return the favour one day.  This Forum really is 'the goods'

awesome to hear, i pm'd sulio asking for 'seconds' on it if it fell through, but seems like your getting it, so,

anyone else got a complete setup? Pm me.

Update:

Last night I took a trip out to see Paul (ZBitz). He's out the West side of Ipswich. We pulled the complete in-dash dash system I needed from a late donor car and it is smicko.

$150 changed hands and I'm ecstatic. Its the vacuum type, so should be easier to install than the early cable pull mechanical jobbies.  With the rad and other bits from Sulio, I'm on the way.

Paul has a day job but also sells Z bits and pieces from home.  He has a couple of project cars on the go and is happy to help other enthusiasts at sensible prices.  If you need anything I'd recommend giving him a call. During the day leave him a message, or try him of an evening.  (07) 5464 5056 or 0405 630 107  or e-mail him:  zbitz@westnet.com.au

Many thanks to Sulio and to Modular9 - Thanks Mike! A great find.

Wal F

I'll buy a new compressor and under bonnet bits and have it all professionally installed.

You cannot buy the compressors new anymore, I think they are rebuilt.

You can buy an after market compressor and bracket. If you need a hand give me a yell.

Thanks for that.  I'm going for a new aftermarket compressor, drier, etc, etc.  I think I have it under control, but will yell out if not. The fact that it's a Chevy means that original is not an issue.  Modern compressors etc are much more efficient and lighter, too.

I might do a post eventually of all that the beast has undergone, if there is any interest.

Won't be done for a month or two, though. The T56 is sorted, (what a saga), just final balancing of the new tailshaft to go. Still have the power steering and Autometer gauge conversion to go, then it's the Wilwood big brake kit, lsd, a few body mods, etc, etc. Sheesh!