280Zx Wheels

HI Peter.

Would love to be heading north at this time of the year but to much happening on the home front.

If you are keen on the wheels I could strip the tyres and get  a quote from EGO.

Bit busy for the next couple of days but will get a quote and PM you. Let me know if this helps.

Vince.

• Administrators

Actually may have talked myself into it, if Peter doesn't want them let me know. I can come collect them in Sydney at some point.

28330.jpg

13754706_1249710085075878_78056605867397

HI Peter.

Would love to be heading north at this time of the year but to much happening on the home front.

If you are keen on the wheels I could strip the tyres and get  a quote from EGO.

Bit busy for the next couple of days but will get a quote and PM you. Let me know if this helps.

Vince.

Sounds good to me Vince. Looks like Gav has the same idea as me. Ha Ha.

• Administrators

Gav,

I've got a set in Melbourne if it doesn't work out. 

Even better since I would use them on my red 72 240z which is in Melbourne. I'm not in a rush so perhaps next time I'm in Melbourne I can reach out to you about them?

Even better since I would use them on my red 72 240z which is in Melbourne. I'm not in a rush so perhaps next time I'm in Melbourne I can reach out to you about them?

Yep, I am not in a rush either, they still have my race tyres on.

• Administrators

Now I gotta paint my car RED. LOL

And get the right seats, rally clock, triple mikunis, datsun compe wheel and then and then and then and then.... headlight covers with chrome trim rings :D. It will never ever end.

https://goo.gl/photos/w5nXv1ivAmWgS1jo9

PS: If you're serious about going red, I plan to trace out the sponsors etc.. and get the livery made up. I just can't decide on which Rally car I wish to emulate most. It's like picking a favorite child.

And get the right seats, rally clock, triple mikunis, datsun compe wheel and then and then and then and then.... headlight covers with chrome trim rings :D. It will never ever end.

https://goo.gl/photos/w5nXv1ivAmWgS1jo9

PS: If you're serious about going red, I plan to trace out the sponsors etc.. and get the livery made up. I just can't decide on which Rally car I wish to emulate most. It's like picking a favorite child.

For me It would be Lofty Drews car. I recently had the pleasure of taking him for a run in my green car. He totally enjoyed it.

• Administrators

Thanks I'll chat to Vince soon, he's still got the engine block for #51 and I have to get it to Melbourne at some point.

Unless someone else is desperate for these now in Sydney? 

• 9 months later...

Hi guys,

I know this thread is a little bit old but I wanted to check if the wheels are still available?

I am located in Melbourne and looking for a set of 4 wheels (tyres are not important only after alloy rims) for 280zx 1979. Must be genuine rims.

Or if someone could direct me to where I could find some, that would be highly appreciated!

Cheers

Edited by Aziz

The "Iron Cross" style rims are 5.5"

These were fitted to Series 1's

The Series 2 were fitted with the wider 6" rims, these are the five spoke style.

I have some sets of the Series 2 rims available, they include the correct wheel nuts.

Hey mate,

Honestly I am looking for the set for my brother overseas. So I'm not quiet sure about the series.

Would have a photo of the set you've got?

Thanks!

Hey mate,

Honestly I am looking for the set for my brother overseas. So I'm not quiet sure about the series.

Would have a photo of the set you've got?

Thanks!

If you want the iron cross ones : https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/glen-waverley/wheels-tyres-rims/datsun-240z-260z-280zx-iron-cross-wheels/1177859079

In Melbourne as well :-)

$_20.PNG

Edited by AndBir

Hey mate! Are these originals/genuine? Also, they're iron? I thought factory rims are chrome.

Please bare with my rookie questions :P

Iron refers to the rim design "Iron Cross" style which are alloys, they also have the center caps - saves you having to buy these ones https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/clayton/wheels-tyres-rims/datsun-280zx-wheel-caps/1162131969 

Edited by AndBir