#1 Rickers

Rickers

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 26 April 2017 - 06:46 PM

Hi guys,

Has anyone bought a lower rear valance rust repair panel recently? I'm shopping around for quotes and not really liking what I'm seeing... I'd be really interested in the prices that you paid or were quoted.

Let's just say zcarsource quoted me $700-$1000 USD for the shipping alone, so I will be staying away from there.

The best I have found so far is $320 AUD plus $225 (canadian I believe) to ship to my door.

I've also fired off an email to "ZeddFindings" in Canada, hoping to hear back from him soon.

Cheers,

Rick

#2 gav240z

gav240z

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 12,644 posts
  • Tagline:Jack of all trades, master of none.

Posted 26 April 2017 - 07:46 PM

Hey Rick,

How bad is your panel at the moment? It might be worth repairing what you've got? I also think it's not that complex a panel and might be cheaper / easier to find someone who can fabricate 1 for your car?

I got a couple from ZeddFindings in Canada and I may or may not use it (depends what my tafe teacher suggests). I almost reckon I could patch the stock 1 up. But I'll have to remove it from the car first.

#3 Rickers

Rickers

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 27 April 2017 - 01:20 PM

I'll attach a few shots tonight, I don't believe it is in a fixable state. I may be overreacting though.

Charlie got back to me with an excellent price and I could not be any happier with the purchase. He is a very friendly person and doesn't seem to be trying to rip anyone off, if anyone needs the lower rear valance panel, I highly recommend him.

Here they are...

IMG_2995.JPG

IMG_2996.JPG

IMG_2997.JPG

IMG_2998.JPG

Edited by Rickers, 27 April 2017 - 05:11 PM.

#4 Ledge

Ledge

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 871 posts
  • Tagline:PMC RB28

Posted 27 April 2017 - 05:37 PM

A friend was getting one from Motorsport auto, so I got 2 as well I same order came in at about 500aud each by the time they were here. Need about 2 hours work

to get them to fit nice. Buy in bulk is the best way. I'm sure if you got 4 you could sell some on as the freight doesn't go up much extra.

#5 gav240z

gav240z

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 12,644 posts

Posted 27 April 2017 - 05:42 PM

@Rickers, yeah that's pretty rotten, someone has had  got at repairing it before and not really done the best job. Anything can be fixed and it looks like the top half is worse than the bottom but would be a bit of fiddling about...

@Ledge, don't suppose you have any photos of the motorsport part or work required to fit it? The ones I got from Canada look like they could use a bit of English wheeling and may need a bit of trimming. Only other difference is the fact that gauge of steel is a bit thicker.

#6 Rickers

Rickers

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 27 April 2017 - 06:07 PM

A friend was getting one from Motorsport auto, so I got 2 as well I same order came in at about 500aud each by the time they were here. Need about 2 hours work

to get them to fit nice. Buy in bulk is the best way. I'm sure if you got 4 you could sell some on as the freight doesn't go up much extra.

Yeah, if Charlie didn't give me such a good price, I definitely would've went a similar route.  

@Rickers, yeah that's pretty rotten, someone has had  got at repairing it before and not really done the best job. Anything can be fixed and it looks like the top half is worse than the bottom but would be a bit of fiddling about...

@Ledge, don't suppose you have any photos of the motorsport part or work required to fit it? The ones I got from Canada look like they could use a bit of English wheeling and may need a bit of trimming. Only other difference is the fact that gauge of steel is a bit thicker.

I thought you might agree! Yeah, you'll see the other "repairs" once I start to do some proper work on the car and start a build thread. 

Edited by Rickers, 27 April 2017 - 08:31 PM.

#7 chris240

chris240

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,194 posts
  • Tagline:When in doubt...mumble.

Posted 27 April 2017 - 06:40 PM

Rick, how much did zedd findings want for freight ?

#8 Ledge

Ledge

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 871 posts
  • Tagline:PMC RB28

Posted 28 April 2017 - 01:43 PM

Gav i would say they are made by the same place. This one is straight but should have a nice bow to it. Nothing the shrinker

wont fix tho. Will def need a trim as well. It is also slightly thicker which is no big deal.

• gav240z likes this

#9 Rickers

Rickers

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 28 April 2017 - 01:44 PM

Rick, how much did zedd findings want for freight ?

I'll let you know when it's in my shed - don't want to jump the gun.

#10 gav240z

gav240z

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 12,644 posts

Posted 28 April 2017 - 01:52 PM

I can look it up, but I think I paid $250-$300 for freight but I imported 3 at the same time. Sold 2 and kept 1.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users