2Jze Swap

timtim

Hello 
I've been thinking about doing a 2jze engine swap into my datsun 260z 2+2 does anyone know of anyone thats done this or have any information that i can get to have a look at ? i know im going to attract alot of hate for doing this but 2jze just seems more affordable than going towards an rb26 swap

If you want to go NA its a great way to spend a but load of money and make no horsepower?

If going turbo yeah they fit, but how much power do you want in a S30? anymore then about 450 ish at the rear wheels and they become very hard to drive.

If you want to go NA its a great way to spend a but load of money and make no horsepower?

If going turbo yeah they fit, but how much power do you want in a S30? anymore then about 450 ish at the rear wheels and they become very hard to drive.

Not sure what a "but load of money" is however I'm assuming your ass holds a lot more money than mine cause a 2J conversion would be expensive and I could not get that amount in my but, nor would I want to.

Now I'm a little intrigued, are we talking coins or notes?

BTW, if you were to start the engine surely it would produce some horsepower.

Yes just about to start the conversion myself. I doubt weight will be an issue, 540 pounds and 560 pounds, plus engine can be dropped back to get a great weight distribution. 2 ways to mount engine straight on chassis rail or fabricate a cross member. Can use the crx racing ones but in my opinion, not the best design and I'd only use them for reference. Wiring can get made in states, or you can find someone local OT tackle it yourself, after market ecu which is the way I'm going, cost a fair bit more and I wouldn't go this way if I wasn't ditching one turbo for supercharger any more information let me know

The 2J and 1Js are very tall motors. Dont get me wrong, they are weapons, but it just seems sacrilege to use Toyota power in a Datsun/Nissan. I'd totally understand if Nissan had no viable engines for a swap, but in all honesty - the RBs are very good and very similar in essence.  Maybe just to be a little different, but its not out of left field different ala the M3 engines etc.  

I was considering an RB swap but seeing than rb26 cost an arm and leg where as a 2jz would cost less and can dish out just as much.

I would say it can dish out a lot more. I think the 2JZ-GTE is far superior to an RB26DETT in many ways. If you don't care about having a Nissan engine then it makes a lot more sense.

Agreed, I have been a Nissan nut since my first ka24 I built. But no matter how hard I look at it, the 2jz is by far the better motor, believe me when I say it took me a long time to admit it. But I'm sure if you done your research and understand how much horsepower the stock internals can handle, and also how little you have to spend in comparison to rb, then it's a no brainer. Clearance for engine isn't a problem, can be done and has been done before. But you want to be good at welding or have a good mate who is.