Wtb: Fuel Injection Manifold L28 And Injector Spacers

Andrew_L26

Hey guys, I'm after an L28/280zx fuel injection manifold preferably a non EGR version. Don't need injectors etc. Just the manifold. Also after the plastic injector spacers.

Located in Melbourne.

Cheers,

Andrew

Hey guys, I actually had a look at one and compared it to my P77 intake from (I believe) an L20ET, I thought that the ports were bigger on the P88 and other 280zx manifolds however I was mistaken. It would appear that the L20ET manifold is the same size as the P88. The P90A head on my motor has 35mm intake ports whereas the P88 and P77 manifolds have around 31mm ports. Strangely enough the N47 carby intakes have 35mm ports which match the P90A head. Anyone have any ideas?

Yep, the P90 head used a different manifold to what we got here, from memory either a N42 or N47 cast marking. The ports are bigger and the log also tapers to the rear to try to help with flow. I had one on my old race car and it was the only manifold like that I had seen. Not sure if it was a L28ET manifold or just what the States or Japan got on the late L28E motors.

Mine also didn't have any webbing between the runners, so another easy to spot difference.

If you can, it is worth your while to hunt down one of these. 

The NAPA manifolds weren't very good and more to do with emissions, especially with the twin butterfly throttle body, the big single throttle body flowed more, and the old trick was to use a XF Falcon throttle body to give a touch more air into the motor with minimal mods.

With the price of aftermarket stuff these days I'm sure it would be comparable in overall cost to go ITB's and a new computer if you were starting from scratch.

Yep, the P90 head used a different manifold to what we got here, from memory either a N42 or N47 cast marking. The ports are bigger and the log also tapers to the rear to try to help with flow. I had one on my old race car and it was the only manifold like that I had seen. Not sure if it was a L28ET manifold or just what the States or Japan got on the late L28E motors.

Mine also didn't have any webbing between the runners, so another easy to spot difference.

If you can, it is worth your while to hunt down one of these.

The NAPA manifolds weren't very good and more to do with emissions, especially with the twin butterfly throttle body, the big single throttle body flowed more, and the old trick was to use a XF Falcon throttle body to give a touch more air into the motor with minimal mods.

With the price of aftermarket stuff these days I'm sure it would be comparable in overall cost to go ITB's and a new computer if you were starting from scratch.

Ahh, good to know! I'm going with an aftermarket computer anyway so I'll look into ITB's as well as the different types of intakes!

Thanks!

You will be hard pressed to find a non-EGR intake in Australia. I'm fairly sure they were only available in the USA on early (75 - mid 76) 280Z. I've seen a few on eBay for about $200usd or less if you're willing to splurge.