Gutted

potter260

My heartfelt sympathies mate , after 13yrs of painstaking work on her you've spent too much time to give up .Hang in there .

Regards: Alan .

This. Shannons allow you to keep the wreck don't they? Or you can buy it for a small amount?

Any car older than 37yrs shannons give you the salvage rights (no buy back), newer than 37 you get first option to buy back from them

It's only flood damage, how can it be never safe to put back on the road again? That seems absurd.

Really feel sorry for you mate, this is heart breaking.

Yep, id be asking the assesment to be reviewed, pointing out that there is no structural damage to the chassis, no rust caused by the water which has been dried out and no expensive electronic components like an ECU to be damaged.

This sounds like an insane descision.

Yep, id be asking the assesment to be reviewed, pointing out that there is no structural damage to the chassis, no rust caused by the water which has been dried out and no expensive electronic components like an ECU to be damaged.

This sounds like an insane descision.

It's not 100% yet it was an over the phone conversation with my dad today, he said it will be a statitory write off in nsw, so not sure if that includes all states? Yeah I've lost half of what I've spent and 13yrs of man hours and storage, I should be able to strip it and recoup some money

• 3 weeks later...

So I have some good news, got a cheque from Shannons, I get to keep the car and it can be registered! I guess because it wasn't yet registered and they didn't have a vin it doesn't hit the register!! But still a big job ahead to get it back to where I had it....

Cheque + car sounds good, well good in the circumstances anyway. At least having done it once you will be familiar with all the bits and pieces so you are a bit in front there, deju vu  here we come.

Hey mate, I am sorry and just became aware of this. I f you need a hand doing anything just give me a shout. If you need a Z for your wedding I can bring the jolly green machine down for you. Peter.

Thanks guys, I will try my hardest to still get it to the wedding still have a few months. I had it running the next day after the flood, getting it properly detailed in a few weeks and I will reassess where I'm at. Main thing will be the electronics, brakes, gearbox and diff.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Moderators

All things considered, that is preety good outcome from a terrible situation.

It nice to know that Shannons came through for you.

Cheers

PB