want a 240z

cw_wts15

do you want it as a project ?

if u want 1 then go to http://www.carsales.com.au/ or http://www.tradinpost.com.au/ or http://www.carpoint.com.au/ and you will find 1 depends on the condition your looking for if you want 1 as a project look on the forum i was wanted a Z for ages couldnt find 1 that i could work on then i drove past a farm and it was there i never take that RD home either it was fate ! lol big for sale sign on it 1,000 dollars running and all parts there im doing body work on it and im done im bit more than half way there now never regret buying it! good luck

I wanted a Z since i was 15 and bought one when i was 27. It seems that i have heard the "Right place Right time" saying echoed by many Z owners but i would think that some wreckers in rural victoria would still have these cars tucked away in a corner somewhere. U could find a hidden treasure at a very reasonable price.

I plan a search l8r this year just to see what i can see ..... c c

Just a rough quick guide,

very poor condition $1000 to $2000,

rusty needs attention $3000 to $5000,

from $5000 to $10,000 you can often find a decent honest car that needs some minor mechanicals and body work.

$10,000 to $15,000 you find some very nice daily drivers

$15,000 to $25,000 very good cond with concourse level at the upper end.

just a quick guide of coarse patients makes a bbig diff.

Sulio

I agree with Sulio and other members on this matter. Be patient.

Take it from me, i jumped the gun, when i purchased my 240Z it was fairly decent compared with other cars. However for the price i paid... about a few weeks later after i purchased the car there was another 240Z, manual with l28 and in even better quality then my own go off for the same price i bought mine. I was shattered. ROFL. So yea be patient find something that is what your after.

Now i have to do alot of rust repair a manual conversion and even maybe a l28 conversion if i have the money. So i have to spend a tonne more now then if i had waited a little bit for a nice one to come by.

There are alot of gems that pop up every now and then.

You might want to check out ozdat.com as well for listings on Zeds.

Fu

one way or another your going to have to spend 10k and above , who wants to drive around in a rusty unroad worthy zed that has automatic lightening features (ALF) . 240zeds are being bought up by the older generation more than ever now reliving their youthful days  and have the time to tinker with them and more money than they had in their youth more than anything they now realise what they either trashed or sold for a song n dance hesitating is a catch 22 situation,