Sign in to follow this  
Scoota G

260Z Automatic Transmission

Hello again

Here i am in another sectio of the fourms asking a bunch of silly questions.

I just took in a auto trans that i got off ebay to get checked over and Modified. It's getting brand new clutchs, tourque convertor and gaskets plus an internal mod to increase oil flow.

I got a quote of $550 - $650 all up which i think is ok but i just thought that i would ask you guys and see what you think.

Reason for keeping the auto is that the car still has the original engine and at the moment i have a 260C transmission in it.

Any comment would be good.

Cheers

Scoota G

That sounds about right.

A full manual manual Jatco with Paul Keas internals would set you back about 2.5k - unbreakable though ;)

quote sounds fairly reasonable.

you never felt the need/urge to swap the auto for a 5spd ?  8)

By heart i am a manual driver but the car being a 75 2 seater and one of 198 produced in Australia it still has the original engine. The compliance plate says sports auto and the auto being a $285 option i would imagine that there is not too many left.

My goal is to modify the car within the parameters that everything can be returned to original but even though i know i could still achive this i am sticking with the auto and i'll see how hard i can make it run knowing that there could be an instant horsepower gain from a manual conversion.

Geez i can go on a bit. Cya's

jatco auto trans units are near on bullet proof stock why would you wanna modify it for , i think an auto 240z or 260 with a good motor are fun to drive, left foot braking into corners

The modification involved drilling Slightly larger holes in drive plates to increase oil flow. The way it kicks into second gear is just Awesome.