Sign in to follow this  
Kent

Triples - Where To Get A Heatshield

Hi Guys,

I am looking at fitting a set of triple 40DCOE webers onto my early 240Z, and i know i need a heat shield to protect them from the heat underneath.

Does anyone happen to have a template that i can use to have one made up in aluminium/steel ? I don't get that much time to mess with my car (and my car is not normally local), so any shortcuts i can find help! 

I found that RHDJapan sell the Kameari one for around $100 but shipping brings it up to around $140. ouch..

something like this one looks great : http://www.classiczcars.com/topic/45578-universal-triple-carb-heat-shield/?do=findComment&comment=417767

thanks guys

Edited by Kent

Hi Guys,

I am looking at fitting a set of triple 40DCOE webers onto my early 240Z...

40 DCOE's make baby Jesus cry.

45's or nothing.

Repco sell pressed metal by the sheet that I've seen used on a few cars

I bought this stuff from Repco and bent it up my self.

Jammed it between the manifolds and made a little bracket to support it off the engine mount.

Pretty simple and cheap but effective.

post-101810-0-83423100-1488281171_thumb.jpg

post-101810-0-87323200-1488281262_thumb.jpg

post-101810-0-35999500-1488281356_thumb.jpg

40 DCOE's make baby Jesus cry.

45's or nothing.

hahaha, everyone told me not to be stupid and not bother putting 45's on a L24.. even though i already had them... maybe they really meant to go for a 3.1L

Thanks for the Pic's Cozza that looks almost do-able :) how is it bolted up to the underneath of the manifold, or is it actually just jammed in (As you said)?

Yep, just jammed in between the inlet and exhaust manifolds. I would offer it up and give it a bit of a push in toward the head then pull it out and adjust by hand where it needed it.

With the 90' bend down to the engine mount and a stiffener pop riveted along the bottom edge plus the bracket to the engine mount, the whole thing is actually quite stiff and doesn't move about.

I was recommended by James Flett the Guru to redirect any hot air flow from the radiator away from the air filters, hence the folded Ally plate you can see in the images. That took a bit more work but probably worth the effort.

BTW I run 40mm webers with 32mm chokes and it performs quite well with about 210 at the wheels.

But you've gotta love the hype. ????

Edited by Cozza