Fiberglass Panels.. Gaurds, Hatch, Do They Fit Well?

drifta1600

Alfa motorsport?

Ive had a bonnet, hatch and doors from them as do a few others i know, but have since gone back to steel. They are decent in fitment, but quite flimsy and thin in construction.

Best to get from Otomoto i've only heard good things about the products they source from 'restored Japan'

I know someone that may be willing to sell theirs if your interested.

Bonnet used to flex when driving. I could see it flapping around.

There is a big price difference but the quality is much different aswell. If i had such advice a few years back i woulve saved myself a few grand as ive had to do it twice and the Alfa stuff sild on for a fraction of what i paid.

Topstage sell carbon / frp panels.

I own the otomoto 240z! Has a restored japan carbon bonnet excellent quality.

Has alfa motorsports frp front guards that fit nicely. Alfa frp doors and rear hatch that i wouldn't recommend for a street car! Best suited for racing, just to flimsy and hard to make flush.

So i spoke to alpah. There more than happy to make any pannel more solid or less depending on what the car is used for at no extra cost. ie:race or street. They also have recently started using a heavier f/g for steet use. The light flimsy stuff is for race use, as that what races are after.. apparently.. also have recent renewed there molds too.. so i orderd a bonnet aand some front gaurds. Will keep you updated on how they are :-)

What kind of price are we talking for the bonnets?

I might be interested in a flat black bonnet depending on quality.

$550 for hinged bonnet. Less for one that just pins on. In white gel or black.

$385 for gaurds

390 for hatch

380 for doors

Plus heaps of spoilers for around 250 and rear wings. Reealy friendly mob too which is always nice :-)

I bought the guards and doors to re build after i had a "gentle" roll, all from Alpha. I am using lexan sliders on the doors for windows and have fitted with ali mounting insets for hinge mountings etc. I had to re jig the door latches to allow for the difference in fit but the lines etc were all good. Took some fitting on the bottom lips of the guards but all came together quite well. Am at the final fit stage and prepping for paint and, so far, all looks good. Am doing some extra reinforcement in the doors for some intrusion protection but doors sound and fit quite solidly and lines are quite good. While my zed isn't classic resto/concourse, I am quite happy with the results. The guys at Alpha were great to deal with and  I was able to pick my set up when on a road trip through Vic.