Weber Carburettor Tuners In Brisbane

Mike260LW

Anyone got any suggestions as to who is an "old school" guru with Weber Carbies in Brisbane? I have been using Craig at Motocarb on the Gold Coast.  He does a good job but he is difficult to get hold of.  I also suspect the base set-up is not quite right and whilst it makes good power there seems to be a lot of fuel sploshing about at the low end of the register.  I had a set of triple 45s set up by Iain Stewart many moons ago and they were sweet as nut.  Iain had an old oil stained cardboard backed chart with ratty corners and  but it seemed to give him the right base line to launch from. He took a very empirical  approach to tuning with modifications followed by a hearty thrash around the industrial estate until he thought it felt right and then he would stick on an exhaust gas analyser to confirm he was right! I have no idea what set-up we are running in the current 48s  and would like to take it back to "first principles" to ensure the base configuration is correct. Any suggestion?

In Beach St Kipparing, directly opposite Dave Ferons shop, is a carby place, cant recall its name.

I'd suggest finding out who they are then ask what others thought.

I dont know them.

Another mob down Southside is Carb N Ject, they used to do only trade, but know do retail customers direct, have heard some ok reports from them.

Jim not doing them anymore??

I have a couple of those old ratty baseline start off charts, somewhere,,,,

I have twin Webers on the Datsun 2000 and was not pleased when I got it back last time with dings in the cover from being "tapped" to see if the floats were sticking. I won't name this establishment as I don't have a good recommendation for them.

The latest recommendation I have for Webbers is at Warwick and is done setting up on a dyno.

Shane's Bikes Boats & Performance 

Address63A Fitzroy St, Warwick QLD 4370

Thanks Jason and Richard, is it Carb-tech at Beach Street Kippa Ring? Might go and have a chat to them..

Thanks for the Warwick Shane's Bikes and Boats suggestion Groundhog. A bit far to travel but really good to know if we have an issue at Morgan Park. I'll stick that one away for future reference!

We've used Carb n Ject at underwood in the past with mixed results. They seem to know there stuff but can be grumpy pricks to deal with! Again it always seems to be about max HP on the dyno but that doesn't always translate to good on the track, but thanks for the suggestion decoy.

The tricky bit is getting the correct emulsion tubes to reduce, as much as possible the inherent stumble, due to reversion, that occurs in the 3800-4200 area, depending on cam overlaps.

It can be done, hey just need to be willing to swap the emulsions.

Groundhog, was that the place you drove me to, a while back?

• 5 years later...
On 2/8/2017 at 8:04 PM, Mike260LW said:

We've used Carb n Ject at underwood in the past with mixed results. They seem to know there stuff but can be grumpy pricks to deal with! As of 16 Dec22, I attempted to make contact through various means and found that Carb n Ject is no longer at unit 1/4 Gunn St Underwood and the phone number is a dud. I went to CnJ at Underwood instead.