2 replies to this topic

#1 aircobra

aircobra

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 650 posts
  • Tagline:New Member

Posted 06 February 2017 - 10:49 PM

well, the big day arrived when i'm putting the wiring/electrics  back in to the bare shell. i have a copy of the factory manual scan ( shocking quality), which has the basic diagram in it.

so here come the questions - numbered for convenience

1. the turn signal sockets are buggered. i had a look on the net and they look like 1157 type sockets, but the lugs don;t match. from what i can tell, its a dual filament, 3 lug bayonet waterproof socket. does any one know the actual code or where to get them from

2. where are all the earth points supposed to be? < pictures if possible pls>

3. how many relays, of what type are there meant to be and where do they mount?

a. for the turn signal

b. for the hazard lite ( 2 pin?)

c. for the wiper motor ( still attached to the motor, so i think i'm ok there)

d. for the horn ( i think the small square one on the left side under the glovebox)

i'm hoping they're all basic 2 or 3 pin can type analogue units like these

http://www.superchea...mmaryViewsTotal.

i'm also getting one of those H4 realy kits for the headlights, so that shd be great

i'll get a couple sockets from the vintage connector place as quite a few of them from the engine bay are toasted and corroded

thanks in advance

#2 260DET

260DET

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,154 posts
  • Tagline:Tribal Elder

Posted 07 February 2017 - 07:51 AM

Tough type of questions, I'd be looking for relevant pics in the factory manual, they often show parts type and location. With the type of work you are doing a real factory manual would be a good investment.

#3 aircobra

aircobra

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 650 posts
  • Tagline:New Member

Posted 14 February 2017 - 08:31 PM

i'm making progress

does anyone know where to get the correct multi colored wires from ? the onyl place i could see is some american supplier on ebay. surely there must be some local automotive elec. supliers that sell it by the meter?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users