4 replies to this topic

#1 WhitleyTune

WhitleyTune

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 16 January 2017 - 09:16 AM

Hi all,

Thought it was about time to sign up. My name is Rob and I am starting my own small tuning company here in NZ called WhitleyTune. 

I've got 5 years experience designing and grinding camshafts and decided it was time to start offering a modern design & CNC grinding service for people interested in getting the most from their older motors. L series will be one of the first on my list and I am really looking forward to doing some more tuning development on them. Been a long slog but I'm getting close to having a machine ready to grind. All our profiles are designed from scratch in-house and CNC masterless ground. I can design you any cam within the design restrictions imposed by the valvetrain setup. 

I have a 1975 S31 Fairlady Z 2 seater and a 81 Sunny Coupe (310) that will end up as TS-cup replica track car. The Z was imported into NZ in the 80s with a G nose. Unfortunately it was damaged in the 2011 Christchurch Earthquake and is still in a state of disrepair. This is the year it goes back on the road! Going 240ZG replica in the classic GPM/grey 2-tone combo. Panel damage has been fixed but still needs paint.  

01102010001.jpg

Look forward to helping out anyone here with cam or any high end tuning questions in general. 

Thanks

Rob Whitley

• gav240z likes this

#2 gav240z

gav240z

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 12,623 posts
  • Tagline:Jack of all trades, master of none.

Posted 16 January 2017 - 09:46 AM

For some reason I recall a video of someone being a spiderman and this car? Am I right? If not ignore me. I'll try find said video and it will all be self explanatory. :)

I approve of the 240ZG replica look. It's a sorely underrated look. I saw an early Series 1 E-Type Convertible this morning I noticed the front of the car's nose is quite a small opening (which lead to some over-heating issues) probably for aerodynamics compared with the wider open front of the standard S30Z.

I know the Gnose (or blunt nose) was designed to improve the aerodynamics of the front of the car. I couldn't help but feel it closed off the front end of the car in a similar manner to the E-type.

The other thing that ran through my mind is how much more beautiful the shape of the S30Z is, I pictured briefly an S30Z with Gnose sitting next to the E-type and couldn't help but feel it would be the nicer looking machine (but I am of course biased).

Welcome to the nut house!

#3 WhitleyTune

WhitleyTune

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 16 January 2017 - 10:20 AM

Tep you are right! This was 2 owners previous to me I believe. Here you go have a laugh...thanks for reminding me. 

240zg is pretty cool I agree. I really think you need the flares and wheels to pull it off though. My car was bought with G nose and nothing else and it sort of makes the proportions a bit strange with the longer nose but no added width. 

I have some 15x9 & 15x9.5" RS-Watanabe to fit the car, this car here is the aim as far as looks go. 

Q3HFW5l.jpg

• gav240z likes this

#4 d3c0y

d3c0y

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,903 posts
  • Tagline:Forum Jerk

Posted 16 January 2017 - 01:18 PM

I hate it how the park lights look awkward in the g-nose like in the pic above. Something i'm trying to sort wit my Z-G.

Make sure when the bonnet is repaired that it lines up with the nose center panel. I didnt check that properly on mine and i have a less than idea issue to fix now that it's painted.

PS You should keep it green!

1c05e9ea2c48b691c8718531c73a1f80.jpg

#5 gav240z

gav240z

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 12,623 posts
  • Tagline:Jack of all trades, master of none.

Posted 16 January 2017 - 01:25 PM

I like GP Maroon, I also think Safari Gold is a good colour that contrasts well with the "Grande Nose" set up.

Attached Thumbnails

• 944865_1206310572715076_7098429066467260905_n.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users