Another Sydney Newbie

Hi All,

My name is Kuba, a year ago I've relocated to Australia from Poland and it doesn't look like I'm going anywhere else so I've started to look for my dream car! Few years back when I was working in US I was researching some classic cars to own and surprisingly enough I've found Datsun 240z amidst all muscle cars there. The car is pretty much unknown in Poland, to my knowledge only one person owns it there, and so I've felt in love with the curves and even more with its affordability. Should've buy it then! 

Right now I'm looking at a 260z or imported 280z to work on, and upgrade with some modern internals in the future.

To Sydney folks, are there any community car workshops around here? I know there is one for motorbikes (Rising Sun Workshop) but haven't found anything for cars. 

Greetings! I was just in Poland (Kraków) last week, beautiful country! Hope you find what you are looking for. I have been in Europe for the last 8 months and only managed to spot 1 280zx which was in Berlin :(

Edited by theremm

• 7 months later...

Finally pulled the trigger and got a long awaited 260z!

post-105209-0-29552700-1505039060_thumb.jpg

post-105209-0-84489300-1505039245_thumb.jpg

post-105209-0-23536500-1505039051_thumb.jpg

It was renovated by the previous owner to be a daily driver, but since expanding the family he had to part with the car. I've gladly taken this trouble from his hands :) The car has been upgraded with RB30 engine, I've planned to put RB25 at some point in time so it went better than planned. The only parts I wasn't biggest fan are some internal upgrades (aftermarket seats, modern radio and non-original steering wheel) fortunately, those will be easy to fix.

I have to say that owning a classic car with the upgraded engine is a very new thing for me and feels a bit overwhelming, but I'm sure that with the help of this community I'll be able to solve any issues. It would be great to meetup with some of the more experienced members if there's anyone on north shore it should be easy enough to meet one day. Otherwise, I'll be looking forward to next Sydney meeting.

Oh, I'm also looking to find some recommended car mechanic to service the car. So far I've found Mia Engine service in Dee Why, any other recommended mechanics with experience on Datsuns in the area?

• Administrators

Nice, looks like it was a good buy. RB30 is a good motor and should be reliable and parts everywhere from the R31 (not seen much these days) Skyline and VL Commodore's.

If you go turbo, I doubt you'll even need an RB25 head on it.

MIA engines in DeeWhy should be able to look after you.

I met another member this evening with a 260z in Campbelltown who asked about going for a drive. I reckon we should definitely organise something soon, the weather is getting nicer.

Thanks guys!

I'm sure there will come time when I'll be looking for some more power, but I'll be starting with some more basic upgrades. Renovating original seats and looking for an original valance are my first steps.