#1 sco_aus

sco_aus

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,484 posts
  • Tagline:Scott

Posted 25 June 2008 - 09:10 PM

Thought I would start a Vic one as everyone has been spotting cars in ACT from Vic. :D

Spotted my Zed in Vic about 1 1/2 years ago.  Thats all I have.

#2 Lurch ™

Lurch ™

Curator of the 'Gavin Collection'

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,664 posts
  • Tagline:In my Den of Rust & Sin

Posted 25 June 2008 - 09:23 PM

You must be REALLY bored at work, mate  :-\

#3 Toecutter

Toecutter

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,274 posts

Posted 25 June 2008 - 09:53 PM

Well I'll start this one. There's a sky blue 260 2 seater in Moonee Ponds that I drive past every week or so. always parked in the street. I've dropped a Auszcar sticker on his screen. Wonder if he's learking around here!  ;)

Sulio

#4 Zedman240®

Zedman240®

The 2000+ club

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,198 posts
  • Tagline:I want your old SHOGUN bike! PM me now...

Posted 26 June 2008 - 03:19 PM

Recently in my area I keep seeing an old couple in a very original white 240Z, Also in Oakliegh a clean 260Z 2 seater in Blue. Feel like approaching them and making a
"how much do you want for your little old Datsun?" offer!! I know of one veeeery original little old lady 1600 soon up for sale. Auto but everything is there.. Was an old RACV job, apparently keeps getting cards of offers on the windscreen but can't afford to update her car.

#5 FuzzyDropbear

FuzzyDropbear

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 471 posts

Posted 26 June 2008 - 03:40 PM

I see this shifty lookin' bloke in a bright green Z around Ballarat every now and again.. Spotted it going down the Western Highway as well one morning. Mean looking beast it is  ;) ;) the bloke that drives it looks like a bit of a hoon  :D Kidding mate!

Spotted a red 260z a few times in Bacchus Marsh as well. Been about a month since I've seen it.

Also have seen a red 260z in Pascoe Vale with front spoiler which isn't totally colour matched to the car (spoiler is a different red).

#6 Lurch ™

Lurch ™

Curator of the 'Gavin Collection'

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,664 posts
  • Tagline:In my Den of Rust & Sin

Posted 26 June 2008 - 04:28 PM

Also have seen a red 260z in Pascoe Vale with front spoiler which isn't totally colour matched to the car (spoiler is a different red).

Hahaha, That'd be Kyle (oozla) on here!

#7 Toecutter

Toecutter

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,274 posts

Posted 26 June 2008 - 09:24 PM

Kyle how far off is your car? Are you bringing it to the Meeting in July?

Sulio

#8 Scoota G

Scoota G

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,213 posts
  • Tagline:Mark

Posted 26 June 2008 - 09:34 PM

A shifty hoon Hmmmm that sounds a lot like me  :-X

#9 GottaBeAbstract

GottaBeAbstract

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 27 June 2008 - 12:59 AM

I might of seen the same white 240Z that Dimitri mentioned, I saw it near Cheltenham Station in about march or so. Saw red 260Z in Dan Murphy's Brighton on tuesday. Seen a silver 240Z or 260Z two seater driving down warrigal road in moorabin during the start of this year, red 240Z that drove under the Southland shopping centre bridge on nepean hwy a few months back. Green 240Z down Chapel St last year. Dark coloured, I think brown 240Z driving down nepean hwy some time in the summer, brighton-ish area at night.

Here are some pics of the one i saw on tuesday:

Posted Image

Posted Image

#10 FuzzyDropbear

FuzzyDropbear

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 471 posts

Posted 27 June 2008 - 04:14 PM

haha yeah thats my car  ;D

yeah thats how the front spolier was when i got it (from ash)
just put it on and haven't done anythin to it since

hahaha, no worries mate, I was going to stick a note on your window saying to visit the site. But weather was looking like it was going to rain so i didn't. Looks like a nice Z though. Stopped for about 5 mins to admire it  ;)

A shifty hoon Hmmmm that sounds a lot like me  :-X

Yeah, I saw you and wondered if you were on here, then I saw one of your posts with your avatar and location: ballarat. Would love to catch up and have a look at your Z mate. Probably catch you at the next club meet. Oh, and no offence meant by 'shifty hoon'. :)

#11 FuzzyDropbear

FuzzyDropbear

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 471 posts

Posted 10 July 2008 - 01:34 PM

Spotted a blue 260z on the Western Highway this morning, just out of ballarat near the petrol stations. About 08:00ish. It was headed away from the 'rat. Didn't see if it was a 2+2 or not, only just saw the colour and snapped my head around to look at it.  :) Anyone on here?

#12 Toecutter

Toecutter

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,274 posts

Posted 10 July 2008 - 07:22 PM

Spotted a nice red 260z in Clayton at the lights with a very handsome bloke driving it. I soon realised I was looking side on at a large reflective shop front window. ;)  :D

Sulio

#13 stevo_gj

stevo_gj

The 1000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,561 posts
  • Tagline:Steve

Posted 10 July 2008 - 08:09 PM

Spotted a nice red 260z in Clayton at the lights with a very handsome bloke driving it...

Thats so weird, I saw him today too! But in Brissie!  ??? ???

:P

#14 LC260z

LC260z

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 15 July 2008 - 11:17 AM

I spotted a nice yellow 240 at a northern suburbs panel beater. Any one from the forum?

Attached Thumbnails

• 3201_.jpg
  • 3203_.jpg

#15 Lightmaster240z

Lightmaster240z

The 1000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,610 posts
  • Tagline:I spend to much money on my 240z with ......

Posted 16 July 2008 - 09:41 PM

spotted two yesterday
1. white 240z in south yarra and a fairlady soft top in the same street
1. 240z green in st kilda near were I having lunch lovely 240 someone loved this one. 

#16 zedevan

zedevan

The 1000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,347 posts

Posted 29 July 2008 - 08:26 PM

Spotted an orange 240z in a driveway a few doors down from work with LHD 240 plates on it (had seen it a few months ago parked a street or two away and thought it looked quite nice), turns out its a 240z from america thats been converted to RHD and sulio has stalked him down before :D

I think we'd talked about it before sulio but hadn't clicked to me atleast that it was the same car as its now RHD

#17 warrenz

warrenz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 29 July 2008 - 09:01 PM

Spotted whilst riding my bicycle to and from work over the last few days a red 260Z on Dynon Road turning into  Lloyd Street in North Melb. Rego UPY ???

Anyone here?

Warren

#18 Zedman240®

Zedman240®

The 2000+ club

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,198 posts
  • Tagline:I want your old SHOGUN bike! PM me now...

Posted 29 July 2008 - 09:49 PM

Spotted an orange 240z in a driveway a few doors down from work with LHD 240 plates on it (had seen it a few months ago parked a street or two away and thought it looked quite nice), turns out its a 240z from america thats been converted to RHD and sulio has stalked him down before :D

I think we'd talked about it before sulio but hadn't clicked to me atleast that it was the same car as its now RHD

Yeah, you are right! It was from the US, and I helped him convert it to RHD. I can tell you it was a real pain in the a$$! His name is George and has spent a heap of cash and time on it. Very clean and original. Been built with all new or redone bits. Have some pics when he first got it from the US....Apparently a few farm animals made it their "home"..a sheep used to sleep on the roof!

Attached Thumbnails

• 3557_.jpg
  • 3555_.jpg

#19 Toecutter

Toecutter

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,274 posts

Posted 29 July 2008 - 09:57 PM

Yer I bumped into George a few weeks back in the back streets of Nth Melbourne. We had a nice chat. It's a nice car he's got there with some interestings bits to it unlike models here have. One of the oddities was the seat belt reel that can be located behind the seat with an recess int he well area behind the seat as apposed to the strutt tower. I've got a set of those yank belts in bax somewhere.

Sulio

#20 gav240z

gav240z

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 12,665 posts
  • Tagline:Jack of all trades, master of none.

Posted 29 July 2008 - 10:04 PM

I met George when he was around at Costa's now defunct (no prizes for guessing why) workshop.

Seemed like a nice guy - the car was looking much nicer than it does in those photo's of when he got it.

Seemed like the hard way round though - converting a LHD Z to RHD.

I haven't seen it completed though, would be nice to see how it turned out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users