Will Zg Flares Devalue My 240?

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#41 gav240z

gav240z

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 12,651 posts
  • Tagline:Jack of all trades, master of none.

Posted 21 December 2016 - 10:11 AM

The thing with modifying a car is that you want to spend as little as possible on buying the subject so the way things are now it's unlikely that anything which could be considered original will be within the suitable price range. Which is why, as I said before, it's good that prices are rising and Zeds are not now being treated as disposible consumables. About bloody time.

Amen to that....

#42 hmd

hmd

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 300 posts

Posted 21 December 2016 - 01:10 PM

I think so long as P cars (Porka's) continue to appreciate, then our cars will also, because they appeal to the same segment of the market.

However it's a mixed market at the same time, you've got original examples appreciating whilst younger blokes are buying them up to fit flares, RBs, and rota's. 

using porkas as an example, people used to fit wider fenders (flares) later model larger capacity 3.6L engines, they are all being converted back (with large expense) to original.

• gav240z likes this

#43 reverendzed

reverendzed

The 1000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,717 posts
  • Tagline:I'm Dave & Yes! I'm a real Revhead..er Reverend...

Posted 21 December 2016 - 02:06 PM

Sold a number of cars with flares - increased the value and buyer attraction!

• d3c0y likes this

#44 74zzz

74zzz

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 532 posts

Posted 21 December 2016 - 08:06 PM

And porsche have one thing over a zed.... Their badge and luxury supercar heritage... They are comparable in performance not really anything else....

#45 gav240z

gav240z

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 12,651 posts
  • Tagline:Jack of all trades, master of none.

Posted 21 December 2016 - 10:40 PM

I feel like i've been debating this same subject for ages and yet I get similar arguments each time...

If you want to reflect on how things have changed just read this.

http://www.viczcar.c...et-for-my-240z/

#46 jeff43

jeff43

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 214 posts
  • Tagline:Go really fast, if something gets in your way turn!

Posted 22 December 2016 - 07:42 AM

I feel like i've been debating this same subject for ages and yet I get similar arguments each time...

Referring to Mossy's shell. I bought that as a bare shell at the beginning of 2012 for $1250.00 from memory. I used some front sections for my car then sold it on (back to vic) and it is now undergoing a rebuild. Things have changed significantly and I for one know that it has had a marked affect on the way I have gone about the restoration of my early build No. car.

Just my 2 cents worth, Cheers Jeff 

#47 74zzz

74zzz

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 532 posts

Posted 22 December 2016 - 08:41 AM

its a bit circular yes :) but everyone that owns a car they are passionate about will tell you that its the best blah blah i guess im not one of them though....i spoke to a bloke about his  triumph dolomite like it was d type jag all the while wanting to jump off a bridge.......everyone has an opinion haha im not disagreeing with you gav. like i said  earlier....yes matching numbers time warps a worth cash even vl bt1 commodores with 30000km fetch decent money these days. I hear  NA mx5s constantly called a collector.....yet it was the most manufactured sports car ever and I call 'Bull S' on that one for the next century unless some magical car eating monster knocks of a few million of them.....  a 73 240 with a l28 thrown in it won't be fetching big numbers until long after the transport department revokes our  geriatric licences:) hence to flare or not to flare doesn't need debate really...unless like i said its something special..... maybe its because i own 2 seat 260 I'm not as optimistic :)

#48 Agno

Agno

The 1000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,329 posts

Posted 22 December 2016 - 09:52 AM

Referring to Mossy's shell. I bought that as a bare shell at the beginning of 2012 for $1250.00 from memory. I used some front sections for my car then sold it on (back to vic) and it is now undergoing a rebuild. Things have changed significantly and I for one know that it has had a marked affect on the way I have gone about the restoration of my early build No. car.

Just my 2 cents worth, Cheers Jeff 

I'm fairly sure I saw you towing the shell through the city on your way back to Adelaide! I was in my white 260Z a few years ago and a couple of blokes towing a shell waved me down and explained they were going back to Adelaide with it.

#49 d3c0y

d3c0y

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,908 posts
  • Tagline:Forum Jerk

Posted 22 December 2016 - 10:21 AM

I just saw this and had to post it here, Starroad approve of flares:

15676577_694224747409757_153597372746965

#50 d3c0y

d3c0y

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,908 posts
  • Tagline:Forum Jerk

Posted 22 December 2016 - 10:22 AM

At least we have a good discussion thread going with lots of opinions. I don't regret stirring the pot a bit.

• reverendzed and andyk_79 like this

#51 jeff43

jeff43

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 214 posts
  • Tagline:Go really fast, if something gets in your way turn!

Posted 22 December 2016 - 08:53 PM

I'm fairly sure I saw you towing the shell through the city on your way back to Adelaide! I was in my white 260Z a few years ago and a couple of blokes towing a shell waved me down and explained they were going back to Adelaide with it.

Yep, I reckon that would have been Vorn and I. I remember at the time we were both thinking 240Z/260Z's must be heaps more common in Melbourne than in Adelaide. I think we just got lucky seeing you in your Zed Agno. Nice ride by the way. I can't remember the last time I saw a Zed whilst driving around in Adelaide. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users