#1 Iceberg

Iceberg

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts
  • Tagline:260z

Posted 06 November 2016 - 01:36 PM

I have just picked up 3 sets of tail light trim bezels. For anyone that appreciates Datsun original chrome parts as much as i do, I have two spare sets of bezels for sale.

Price:

$299.00 per set Mailed Australia wide with your cores sent to me in exchange. (Your cores cannot have cracks)

$399.00 per set Mailed Australia wide with no cores supplied.

IMG_0316.JPG

IMG_0317.JPG

IMG_0318.JPG

IMG_0319.JPG

IMG_0321.JPG

IMG_7444.JPG

I must say they have imperfections, (refer to pictures) and for the cost of the Chrome Plating being done by a shop that specializes in concourse restorations of classic car chrome parts i was expecting factory quality without any imperfections at all.

If you are after factory bezels please seek New Old Parts.

The reason for such high cost is because I had to buy buckets and chemicals to strip the old chrome and the plating - this took along time and the cost of disposal of chemicals was higher than I expected. No shop accepted the surrounds until the old chrome has been removed.

After my preparation the plater acid bathed the bezels and only then the plating process started.

In the good old US of A these sell for $750 AUD ($575.00 US) shipped to Australia but you have to ship your cores to them which is  another $60 AUD.

https://www.californ...il-light-bezels

I am not planning to do another set as it is simply not worth it time wise but i want your cores in exchange as they came off my other Z's.

Edited by Iceberg, 19 December 2016 - 12:11 PM.

• gav240z likes this

#2 Iceberg

Iceberg

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts
  • Tagline:260z

Posted 29 August 2017 - 08:43 AM

Bump, I Have one set left of the chrome bezels.

Happy to post it on ebay if someone whats extra protection for the sale.

#3 gav240z

gav240z

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 12,524 posts
  • Tagline:Jack of all trades, master of none.

Posted 29 August 2017 - 12:09 PM

I am not planning to do another set as it is simply not worth it time wise but i want your cores in exchange as they came off my other Z's.

Unfortunately I've found similar, when I've invested in restoring parts in bulk etc.. people don't factor in time it takes them to organise stuff on their own when looking at pricing I'm afraid.

But these look great!

#4 Shaun05

Shaun05

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 29 August 2017 - 03:05 PM

Ill take 'em if you've still got them.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 260z, Chrome, plated, tail light, bezel

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users