Windscreen Seal

benny

Hey Guys,

Looking at ordering new seals for my 74 2+2 and i was sure that the windscreen seal is the same between 2 and 2+2's??

I was on the motorsport auto site in the states and it has 1 for the coupe at $49 at one for the 2+2 at $77...

just need to know what to buy... thanks guys

Ben

Windscreen seals are identicle, sounds like they are referring to the rear screen seal.

I have a brand new original Nissan/Datsun front screen seal if you are interested (some EOM screen seals tend to be poor fitting)

cheers

Alan

Hi

I recently purchased new front and rear seals from AllZParts in Sydney and the installer from Complete Windscreens who supplied the new glass and fitted them, commented on the good quality of the seals. He said they were much better than the ones he would have sourced via Rare Spares and to me they are a perfect fit.

Warren

I just had my windscreens put in and the first thing the guy asked me before doing the job was if the rubbers were from RareSpares.  I said no, from the states and he said good, I wouldn't have done the job if they were from rare spares.

Just an FYI.

yeah i got mine from rare spare for the 2+2.

had no issues installing it. the guy only commented that i was pissed paying $140 for it.

that he could get one for $30. but only catch was i couldnt install the chrome strips back in as it didnt have the little gutter to do so. so on the end i had to get it from rares as i wanted the chrome strips back in.

maybe they didnt know how to install it. the guy i used has been doing it for 30years. it was in in less than 5min.